Chapter 9

Neha

Me and KL spent the entire Sunday packing for his tour just like I had predicted. He was going to be gone for two damn weeks I was going to miss him terribly, anyways here I am with Anushka going to the airport to surprise Virat. Well atleast Anushka thinks we're going to surprise Virat before he leaves for the tour, but I am going there to surprise my beloved boyfriend KL. I know, I know it's a terrible risk to take but I am still going to do it. My phone started ringing, it was Anushka "Hey, come down. I am waiting for you."
"Kk will be down in a minute." I reached down to see Anushka waiting in her Mercedes for me, I quickly sat in.
"So I was wondering what you're doing today?" She asked me.
"Absolutely nothing."
"I was wondering if we could have a girls day, just the two of us like old times. You in?"
"Yeah sure, it's been so long since we had a girl's day. It'll be great." And with that being said we reached the airport. We quickly entered the VIP lounge and saw the entire cricket team waiting there. As destined I had to meet me idiotic brother first.
"Hey Kohli" I said.
"I didn't know you guys were going to come here."
"Well surprise." Me and Anushka said together and started narrating Virat all about the girls day plan. I caught KL starting at me, he looked shocked. I told the two of them that I'm going to meet Hardik. They nodded and continued talking.

I quickly walked over towards KL with a huge smile flashing across my face. "Hii" I said and quickly looked towards Virat to see that he and Anushka were engrossed in talking. I quickly engulfed him in a hug. That's when someone coughed and we quickly pulled apart, to see Hardik laughing at us. "Hey best friend why did you do that?"
"I just wanted to." He said and I rolled my eyes.
"Neha, mein nahi janta tha ki tu aane wali thi yaha." KL says.
"Me and Anushka decided to do this yesterday, I'm going to miss you bae."
"That's the first time I am hearing you say 'bae'." I laughed.
"Well, I just wanted to know how cheesy it would sound, if I had called you that."
"I'm going to miss you Neha."
"Me too."
"Karle usko aur ekbar hug. Anushka aur Virat nahi dekh rahe hein." Hardik says and I grin widely and quickly hug KL. "Best friend ki tu kadar hein nahi hein kisiko." He says and me and KL laugh. "You're the reason why I am always entertained. Play well bestie, I'll miss you too." I hugged him as well. "KL, Hardik chalo." Virat shouted. "Neha chal even we need to get going." Anushka yelled. "Coming" as we three walked towards Anushka and Virat, KL asked ne "Where are you guys going?"
"We're having a girls day."
"Ohh, nice have fun."
"Play well KL and don't miss me too much. Having a distraction while playing for your country us not good." He laughs. I look around me and sure enough Virat and Anushka are not there, I quickly grab his face and crash my lips with his. This time it was more like a 'I miss you' type of kiss. We pulled apart and KL said "Tu bohot daring aurat hein, jiss bhai se apna relationship chupa rahi hein woh thoda hi samne khada hein, fir bhi madam ko chumma chatti karna hein, wah wah." I blush at this.
"You just don't know how daring you girlfriend is."
"Tum dono ka chumma chatti karke ho gaya toh chale, KL, Virat chilla rahe hein udhar, chal mere bhai." Hardik says.
"Haa haa chal. Bye Neha I'll miss you."
"I'll miss you." He finally walked away and waved one final time at me and I waved back. "Chale Neha?"
"Haa chalo"

As we sat in the car and headed towards the mall, Anushka broke the silence "So you and KL are a thing now?" I choked on the water I was drinking. "Be careful Neha." She said as she stroked my back gently and stopped the car. "You better?" I just nodded and she started driving the car again. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked that while you were drinking water."
"Who told you about us?"
"So you'll are a thing, wow."
"Who told Anu?"
"No one. When we reached the airport your eyes weren't exactly searching for Virat, they were dead set on KL and also the way you too look at each other makes it really obvious."
"Does Virat know?"
"Not really, he doesn't catch on to signs quick." I sighed.
"Neha, I want all the details everything everything."
"Yeah sure only if yoy promise to not tell Virat about this."
"I swear I won't."
"Great."

***

After a long day of mani-pedis and shopping we picked some take out on the way and reached home. We were going to be spending the night together and this night was going to consist of us watching cheesy Netflix romance movies, me answering her questions about me and KL and some other stuff. We just finished having food when my phone started ringing and I saw the caller ID it was KL and since Anushka was right beside me I chose to not pick up the call. "Aren't you gonna pick up the call? Your boyfriend is calling you."
"Nope. Not at all." She rolled her eyes and picked up the call.
"Hii KL" she said.
"No no Neha is not here." He said something which I couldn't hear.
"Ohh umm let's just say I'm punishing her and now you too." She put the call on speaker and called me to listen to the conversation. "Why are you punishing her? And what have I done that you want to punish me too?"
"Well, let's just say for hiding your relationship with Neha from me."
"Ayy, Anushka it's nothing re, please don't tell Virat though, we both will be dead."
"I won't but you'll will have to tell him someday."
"Don't worry about that Neha has a plan and I'm extremely sorry about not telling you guys but we had to. But please don't punish her and just tell her to call me tomorrow at 11 in the morning."
"Okay, okay I'll let her know. Bye."
She cut the call and we both burst out laughing. "Amazing boyfriend you've got for yourself." I chuckle at that and we head to watch our movie. Today's movie is yet again mine and Anushka's favourite movie that is 'The Fault in our Stars'. As the movie plays in the background she asks me "How did you guys get together?"
"That means you haven't watched the video, praise the lord."
"What video?" She asks me and I narrate the entire pub incident and me waking up at KL's.
"Ohh how come we didn't get to see the video?"
"Well I hacked into almost all the websites which featured that video and deleted it. I hope Virat doesn't get that video."
"True he'll definitely kill you if he sees that video."
"Anything else?"
"How long has it been since you'll have been together?"
"Almost 2 months."
"Woah! When are you planning to tell Virat?"
"On my birthday, he will have to accept it."
"You're evil." We both laugh.
"Wait wait Virat's calling." She says and picks up the call. After a few mins of talking she tells me that Virat wants both of us at his beach house in Goa. The whole team is going to be there, along with their wives so he wants us to also be there with him. It's right after the tour. I have two weeks to pack.
"So Neha are you looking forward to spending time with your boyfriend at the beach house?"
"I would love to but I think I'll tell Virat first about us being together. I hope he doesn't flip out after hearing this."
"I hope so too. Fingers crossed."
"Fingers crossed."