Chapter 18

KL RAHUL

I took a deep breath and started narrating it.

"I was sixteen when I first met Tanisha in college. She was one of my friends from our gang and you know, she was like this extremely innocent person. She would never bunk classes or go for parties or get drunk. She was exactly opposite to you."

Neha gave me a small smile.

"I wasn't really that close to her but she was one of my friends. One day, it was raining heavily so there were hardly any people who were attending college and because my mom forced me to go I was also one of the unfortunate people who had to go. "

I joked and she let out a laugh.

"That was the day when our entire gang had bunked college except me and Tanisha. So gradually she was the only one I could talk to and so I sat beside her. In our free time, we spoke about stuff and I never thought hanging out with her would be this fun. We started getting along really well and soon I realised that I was falling for her.

Then one day I saw her bucket list. It had all sort of these really bold things which were unlike her. Stuff like get drunk at a bar and then dance on top of a table, then the first kiss, first boyfriend, go on a road trip with friends and a lot more stuff. So at the end of twelfth grade, we all were eighteen. So we decided to do a road trip to Goa.

Technically it were only the guys who were going to but we ended up asking the girls anyway. She wasn't really going to come with us but I convinced her to join us. She finally managed to scratch out the road trip from her bucket list.
So the next day, we decided to hit a pub and since we were in Goa we could get drunk. I taught her how to get drunk, and believe it or not she actually striked off another thing from her bucket list. The next day she woke up with a really bad hangover and I helped her to feel better. That was the day when I confessed about my feelings to her and she confessed back to having feelings for me. We soon started dating after our confessions.

We were quite serious about our relationship. After 5 years of dating when we were 22 she told me that she had stage one of leukaemia. She told me about this after my debut match. I was heartbroken hearing this, but we still managed to get through it. After a year or so her condition was worse than before, the doctors told that she wouldn't survive more than a month. My whole world came crashing down in a fraction of a second. There was this tour that I had for which I had made up my mind that I wouldn't go no matter what.

I had just a month with the girl I love but then she told me, she told me that her last wish was to see me play one last time, when she said My last wish Rahul I couldn't deny it I knew I had to. I performed really well because I knew she was going to-"

"Anyways I decided to propose to her after the series. I got a ring and everything. When I reached at her place, her mom told me she passed away right after I became the Man of the Match. I didn't even get to see her one last time. After this I was really depressed to take my mind off it I started dating people who I wasn't in love with. I wasn't in love with Athiya either but then you came into my life. I felt like maybe I did have a chance to fall in love again and you proved me that I did have."

Tears were now streaming down her face, she hugged me tight. We stayed like that for a while.
"It was a really beautiful ring KL, I wish you had got a chance to propose to her."
"Wait what?! Where did you see the ring from?"
"Remember when you asked me to search for your watch? The blue velvet box was sitting right next to it, I thought you were going to propose me and then I saw the note on the box. I am sorry I didn't mean to."
"Why did you do it Neha?"
"I didn't know and I'm sorry about it."
"You know what how could you just do that? What makes you think you could go through my stuff? What the fuck Neha?"
"KL just calm down okay?"
"Kya calm down huh? You know what just leave."
"What? This is ridiculous."
"Just leave, Neha." I yelled loudly.
I had never been this freaked out. She took her bag and left. What the fuck Rahul? How could you let her go? This is sick! I am going to go and make it up to her for my behaviour tomorrow. Hopefully she forgives me for it.

To be continued...