Chapter 7

KL Rahul

"Why were you spotted outside your ex's house last night?" Neha asked me and I was stunned by this. How did she even know about this? Ah! She must  have seen it in the news. Thanks to the paparazzi. It's really difficult to tell right now what she's feeling because she has her poker face on. "Answer me Rahul." Her voice sending chills down my spine. She never calls me Rahul unless she's super angry at me. "May the truth, set you free." Brice snares at me and Neha holds out a finger to him and there's pin drop silence in the room. "Speak" She yells. "Well you know right that I was in a  relationship with Athiya for 6 months. She wanted to get back with me, she'd always flirt with me, but now that I am committed to you I had to tell her that I  am not interested in dating her and hence, I told her I'm taken and to back off." I sigh as I study her face.
She takes a deep breath and says "I believe you. I am sorry I doubted you about this."
"Neha since when did you start believing people this easily? He could be cheating on you." Brice tells her.
"Since Luke, Brice and I trust him enough to know that he won't cheat on me. Now get out of my way people." She says and storms out of the room.

I get up to go after her when Hardik catches my wrist and says "Leave her alone, she's really in a bad mood and you shouldn't talk to her when she's angry af. It's not good for you."
"Who's Luke?"
"Honestly, it's not my place to tell you about it and don't ask her about Luke, she'll tell you when she's ready." I nod and go to the kitchen with Manish for a drink.

"Hey, are you okay?" Manish asks and I shake my head. "I somehow feel that I don't fit in with her and her group."
"Why do you think that?"
"Look at her friends yaar, they're so bold and carefree and badass just like her. I am nothing like her."
"Haven't you heard of the phrase called 'Opposite's attract?'" He says with air quotations and continues "Look KL she's just a bit freaked out over you going to Athiya's."
"Why does she have to be freaked out over me going to Athiya's?"
"For starters, she's your ex and if you say why she's freaking out over Athiya's then why did you not tell her about it?" He says raising his left eyebrow.
"I-I don't know why."
"That's the thing yaar, you knew you were doing nothing wrong, then why didn't you tell her? That's where you went wrong, more than being upset she's disappointed that you didn't trust her with this."
I nod and reply "So what do you think I should do now?"
"Go, talk to her. Tell her how much she means to you and that you want things to be normal between you two. Tell her you want her back."
"I do want her back and I will do anything to have her back."

To be continued...