Chapter 27

KL Rahul

"I hate the fact that you're not going to be with me for the Anniversary." I told her as she packed my bag and gave me a small smile.

Look at the coincidence, the day of our Anniversary is the day I have a match. Like seriously, why lord? Why? Why me? I asked her to come with me but apparently she's got practice and some other stuff. I hate this.

"Rahul, what else do you want?" She questioned me while putting one of my hoodies in the bag.

"You." I answered truthfully.

"Hun, I am all yours after the tour. Always remember that no matter what I'llbe with you." She pecked my lips.

"Neha yaar please try to come." I whined like a five year old.

"I'll try my best. I don't like the fact that we have to spend our Anniversary on two different parts of the world." I gave her a nod.

"Go to sleep KL. I'll pack your bag." She told me and I was off to bed.

***

Me and Neha had just reached the airport. We went to the VIP lounge where Virat, Hardik and Anushka were talking.

"Hey guys!" Neha said cheerfully and I waved at them.

"KL I'm going to get coffee, you want? Anyone else wants?"

"I don't want and Neha please control your caffeine addiction. You just had coffee at home." I lectured, she made a face at me and dragged Hardik with her to the coffee store. Leaving me alone with Virat abd Anushka.

"So KL, are you excited for you guys' one year Anniversary?" Anushka asked me and I chuckled.

"I wish she could fly down and see me on our Anniversary but she's got work so she can't. We came to the conclusion that we would celebrate the Anniversary after I come back to India."

"You got her a gift right?" Virat asked me.

"Yeah I have it with me in this bag. I don't really consider hiding it in the apartment, her detective skills can kick in at any point." I told them.

"Yeah you're right, anyways we need to get going call Harry." Virat told me.

"Harry!" I yelled.

"Coming." Neha and Hardik yelled as they caught up with us.

"So, you guys all the best, rock the series." She told us and Virat assured her that we would win the series and return.

She pulled me aside for a minute and said "Hey, I am so sorry I won't be able to make it for our Anniversary."

"It's alright as long as I know you're there for me."

I caught her face and kissed her. She threw her arms around my neck and deepened the kiss. She tasted exactly like the coffee she just had. We pulled apart short of breath and stared into each others gaze.

She caressed my cheek and said "KL, win the Man of the Series award for me. It will be the best Anniversary gift anyone could ever get me."

"I promise you I will. I am going to miss you a lot Neha."

"Me too. I promise you I'll definitely get it."

I engulfed her in a hug and she hugged me back.

"All the best, don't miss me too much." I gave her a smile.

"Bye." I told her and walked away with the team.

"Love you!" She yelled across the airport.

"Love you." I yelled back earning chuckles from my team mates as I dissolved myself thinking about the series.