Nightmares

Summary: While attending a winter camp for survival training, Kaminari has a nightmare about his less than savory past. Luckily he was roomed with Kirishima and Bakugo.

It was snowing harshly outside, as to be expected from Mr.Aizawa's report. He announced that the class would be going on a Winter break trip to a survival camp, saying that it would most likely help them in situations when they grew older. He told them to pack the warmest gear they had. 

Kaminari was not a big fan of the cold weather, even lounging around the dormitory with a short sleeve shirt on bothered him. The temperature was kept pretty low. The others didn't seem to mind, but that didn't stop Kaminari from wearing his sweatshirts and hoodies in the commons. So in short, yes, Kaminari had plenty of cold weather clothing. 

Everyone would pair up in groups of threes, the small wooden cabins were each the size of a dorm room, trapping what little heat they had inside. Kirishima insisted that they shared a cabin, and dragged Bakugo along with them. Bakugo of course, demanded to have the single bed while Kaminari and Kirishima slept on the bunk bed.

Kirishima already occupied the bottom bunk, lounging around on his phone while the snow piled up outside. They wouldn't have training today, since they arrived around 9:00. Kaminari was a little upset about not getting the bottom bunk, since it would be colder the higher he got, but he took one for the team. Kirishima was only wearing one long sleeve shirt to sleep in anyways, he probably needed the warmth more than Kaminari. 

The cabins were all set in a circle, not far apart from each other at all, you could probably wave out the window to the other cabin and they would wave back. A large bon fire sat in the middle of the circle of cabins, bare and unlit. 

Kaminari shivered into his yellow hoodie, pulling the too thin blanket closer too his body. He slid on his fuzzy socks over his sweatpants, rubbing his fingers together. Of course the heater wasn't working well. All Kaminari would do was listen to Kirishima and Bakugo's soft snores in attempts to lull himself into an uneasy sleep.

Burning flesh. The smell that haunted him. He smelled it, he tasted it. His sister, gathered dead in his little arms, hung limply. It was all his fault, his sister was dead because of him. His parents were pissed, but was it really his fault? How was little Kaminari supposed to know that his quirk would manifest in a pool.

He was a murderer.

A monster.

The events flashed in his mind over and over again, he could only watch in shameful agony. All of these people, these familys, were torn apart by him and his stupid quirk. His own family faded from his life, as his whole world shifted out of focus. 

His head was dunked underwater, in the pool that he had electrocuted half a dozen people, half of which would never speak again.

The water burned his lungs as he clawed closer to the surface in a futile struggle. When he surfaced, he blinked the water from his eyes. He was face to face with his baby sisters body, trembling in the cold water. 

 "Why?"

 " It's all your fault. "

 "Look what you did you little shit."

 Phantom voices crawled under his skin, grabbing at his little feet and pulling him back under. 

Kaminari's voice was raw from screams, he barley registered a hand on his face, brushing his hot tears away. 

Kirishima was awoken by choked whimperes. The cold made his reaction time quicker as his red eyes shot open. He let himself adjust to the dark as he put on his discarded jacket, the air now was much more fridged. The snow outside now completely covered the fire pit.