Parents Day

Summary: UA holds its first parents day, and the Kaminari family is not what anyone expected.

A\N: This one was highly requested, and I tried my best to mix all of the ideas into one story. Also, I broke three of my fingers being stupid so this was a joy to write.

Kaminari never listened to the announcements in class, but this particular one caught his attention. Aizawa stood in the front of the room, his yellow sleeping bag slung over his shoulders as he stared at the class with an almost bored look. After the bell rung, the class fell silent, swivling around in their chairs to face the front.

Kaminari gave Kirishima an enthusiastic fist bump before turning back to face the teacher. He reached out to mindlessly stroke Ojiro's tail, who didn't even spare him a second glance, letting the blonde get out his fidgets. 

Normally Denki would zone out by now, but after a minute of silence Aizawa finally cleared his throat before speaking. "UA will be holding its first parents day next wednesday."

 There was a pause before most of the students looked to each other, already chatting happily about their parents and homelife. The pencil in Kaminari's hand almost snapped under the pressure of his tense fist. Ojiro pulled his tail back, shooting Kaminari a questioning look.

Denki felt stupid. He expected to just waltz through his time at UA without his dad getting involved at all. Now that they were at the dorms, the abuse was reduced, but those weekends when he was forced to go to back to the apartment were hell.

 His father was a huge drunk, he took any chance he could to get his hands around a beer bottle. Half of the time that said beer bottles glass peaces ended up embedded into Kaminari's skin. His mom left him at a young age, but it was his fault for being so slow. Denki was surprised that his father could even afford the apartment.

 "Bro!" Kirishima grabbed his shoulder, twisting his body around so he could see his shark toothed grin. " I can't wait for you to meet my moms! They're awesome! "

Kaminari gave him his own tight smile, anxiety bubbling at the bottom of his stomach. 

 "Any questions?" Their homeroom teacher asked over the loud chattering. Kaminari didn't know what possessed him to raise his hand, surprising even himself when he did. Apparently the other students were also suprised, though Denki never really did ask questions.

He bit the bottom of his lip, leg bouncing under his desk as he pointedly avoided the stares. "Yes, Kaminari?" The teacher asked with a carefully arched eyebrow.

 " U-umm, my Father will be out of the country. " He cursed his stammering, Still ignoring the glances in his direction.

 "If one of your guardians is not free then you may invite a sibling or grandparent."

 I don't have anyone else, is what Kaminari wanted to comment, but he bit back his reply and forced his hand down to his side. 

 "Bro, where's your dad going?" Eijiro asked in nothing but pure curiosity, though Denki could feel himself going on the defense, inner walls building up. 

"I don't know bro. He works this whack job where he doesn't know where he's going until he's there." He worked crummy shifts at the gas station. 

From next to him Jiro snorted "you sure he doesn't leave the country to get away from your grades? " And ow, that one hurt. Especially because that was the reason his mom left. The hurt in Kaminari's eyes must have betrayed his playful demenor, because Jiro softly apologized, turning away to talk with Momo.

After class, Aizawa called Kaminari up to his desk while the rest of the students filed out. "Kaminari, I'm going to need to contact your parents to ensure that someone can take their place."