Freckles

A\N: The headcannon that Denki had freckles is so cute. Anyways updates may not  be every single day anymore, I'm working on an Acting AU that'll be posted later on. Don't worry though I will keep updating!  

Kaminari didn't necessarily enjoy having electric freckles that moved around on his face, but there was nothing he could do about it. Of course, those rude asses in middle school told him he could always wear a mask, or even worse just to cut his own face off. But he paid them no heed, after all bullying someone for something that was out of their control was uncalled for.

Before coming to UA, he decided to change his looks, learning how to cover his freckles with expertly blended makeup. It wasn't noticeable enough for people to point it out, but it hid the bright glitter-like freckles that dotted his face. 

Before her death, his mom would always ask him never to feel embarrassed by his freckles. She said that they looked like a tiny universe on his face. Of course, he was ashamed that he didn't listen to her words now, but he couldn't bring himself to show anyone else his freckles. 

But the day had to come eventually, and three weeks into his second semester is when it happend. 

 "Shit" Kaminari cursed as he pulled his shoes on in a rushed struggle, fumbling over his uniforms tie.  It was a stormy Monday, and he didn't wake up to his alarm clock. Of course he was an hour late to class. 

He snatched his phone, seeing multiple messages from his friends, asking where he was. He shot them back a quick reply that he wasn't feeling so well, and slept it off. 

Kaminari shoved a peace of toast in his mouth as he rushed out of the door, no doubt looking very disheveld.  Halfway through his mad dash in the harsh rain, he realized that he didn't even put on his makeup. 

Well, there's no going back now. He thought, trying his best to shake off his insecurity and the ball of anxiety that settled at the base of his throat. Maybe he wasn't feeling so good after all. Maybe he should go back-

Too late for that now. How long had he been standing in front of class 1-A's door? A few students who roamed the corridors gave him weird looks, but he ignored them. They were just class skippers anyways, no need to have any association with them.

He sighed, steeling himself before knocking on the locked door. He could hear Aizawa stop his lecture mid sentence, footsteps approached the door, the only background noise being the scribbling of pens against paper. It must have been a note taking day.

The door flung open, revealing his homeroom teacher. Kaminari waved awkwardly, grinning sheepishly. Aizawa's tired eyes studied him for a few seconds before he sighed, gesturing for him to come in. "Yaoyarozu, will you please make a towel?"

 The student looked up from her paper in suprise, noticing Kaminari's soaked appearance before nodding. Luckily no one else noticed his face, he almost forgot he wasn't wearing makeup until Momo walked up to him, passing him the towel. 

 "Kaminari what are these?" She asked, reaching out to trace a line of freckles along the bridge of his nose. When she noticed Kaminari's uncomfortable look, she immediately pulled back, bowing in apology. 

 " N-no it's okay. " He laughed, drying his hair before wrapping the towel over himself. As he walked to his normal seat, he felt the stares of his other classmates. They weren't discriminatory looks, but rather curious. He knew for sure the freckles were sparkling more than normal, they did that when he got nervous. 

Before they could say anything, Aizawa resumed his lecture. 

As Kaminari shoved food into his mouth to cover the uncomfertable silence, Mina poked his cheek, leaning over from across the table. "Since when did you get freckles?" She whined, puffing out her cheeks.