5- The library pt 2

Namjoon's POV

I had a lunch of Swedish meatballs with lingon berries and gravy at one of the local restaurants.

But I couldn't pay attention to the food.

I just mechanically shoveled it into my mouth, when looking at my phone.

"Yah! You're supposed to savour each bite. You're supposed to pay attention! How can you eat like this? Yah! Namjoon-ah!" Jin hyung yells, propelling a green bean at my face
I flinch and look up, realising there was no one here.

I'm hearing things now. Nice.

My thoughts went back to the girl on the bench. A pencil in hand,smiling.

Huh... Why'd I blush? I guess some things cannot be explained. Like Jungkook's resemblance to bunnies.

I pay and leave, leisurely making my way to the library. Quiet places with lots of books always seemed to help get my thoughts in order.

I walked into the building and made my way to the English section. Might as well read something. Extra knowledge never hurt anyone. Footsteps echoing on the wooden floor I removed my mask and scarf.
Not a lot of people came to the library and even fewer ventured to this corner consisting of history books.

I stopped in my tracks. By the window, at the perfect spot to read, headphones on, was her.

The curious girl.
She doesn't notice me entering, engrossed in a hardcover.

I make my way around the shelves, Browsing through the books. Till I just give up and pick a book that looked mildly interesting about the climate and vegetation of the country.
I picked the chair in front of her and sat down.

Not because it was close to her or anything. It's the most logical choice. Close to the windows. A corner seat. Hidden.

She didn't look up the entire time. So I read. All the while looking at her through the corner of my eyes.
Something made me wonder about her.

What was her story?

What brought her here?

I saw her removing her headphones and reach out for her cloth bound sketchbook.
I looked up, facing her.
No reactions. She just stared. And I smiled my widest smile.

Why? I don't really know.

She seemed to process something in her head. You could see all the gears  turning.

"Hi. I'm Kim Namjoon... But I'm guessing you got that..." I say when gesturing to her backpack on the chair next to her.

Why did I do that?

"Hi-.... I- I'm Ayanna. And yes, I did recognise you" she chuckled a nervous little chuckle.

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds. Both of us, unsure about where this conversation was going.

"So... Ayanna... What do you do? Do you live here?"

"Ahh no no. I'm an architecture intern at the moment. On a vacation. What are you here for?"

"I'm on a break too..." I say, the conversation dying out again.

"So, correct me if I'm wrong..." I start, cautiously, "... Were you at the Folkets park this early afternoon?"

"Yup. That was me."

To the point answers, with no intent to carry in the conversation.

Huh.