41- New Year's

Namjoon's POV

It was 1:00 in the afternoon on 31st, as all of us started to get ready to go to one's square for the day's events. We were all gathered in one room at the hotel as everyone went about wearing their outfits.

And she walks in, wearing a black high low dress that showed off her legs, brushing her open hair off her face constantly with her hand, her attention on one of the noonas as she sits down for her hair and makeup.

I can't take my eyes off of her.

My noona stops styling my hair and looks at me with a grin

"Namjoon-ah, I'll be done in a couple more minutes"

"Oh! I'm sorry-"

She laughs as she continues and I spot Ayanna out of the corner of my eye, looking at me and smiling, before turning back to face the mirror.

It took me all my willpower to not smile at her.

I patiently wait for my styling to be done.

I was tapping my foot the entire time

"Woah there noona, are you planning to kill some people tonight by making her look like that cause WOW" I hear Jimin say in the distance as he looks at her

Which makes me tap my foot faster.

Jin gives me an amused smirk from his chair.

The moment noona let's go of me, I try to compose myself before approaching her, as she's chatting with Taehyung about the pictures he took yesterday.

Taehyung looks over her shoulder at me and tells her to turn around and I-

I can't think anymore

"Ayanna um... Won't you feel cold in that?" I say as I gesture to her shoulder and short skirt.

"It's surprisingly warm and the stylist noonas have given me this gorgeous coat too so I wouldn't worry too much about that!" She says with a grin that makes me go weak in the knees.

"Aish hyung. You blew it!" Tae says as he walks away, shaking his head.

Her POV

He stands there, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, obviously tongue tied.

I was no better to be honest.
Like
How was it legal for him to walk around looking like THAT? (!!!!!)

"Well someone looks handsome today" I lean in and whisper, which makes him blush and hide a smile.

"You're one to talk. I'm surprised I haven't passed out yet" he says as he leans in, a hairs breadth from my face

"Yah! Namjoon and Ayanna! Go get a room!" Yoongi yells from the other end of the room, without looking up from his phone.

"Oh my god Yoongi, why would you do that?!" Jin yells back at him "Jungkook was all ready to take pictures and you! Ahhh what do I do with you?!"

I see Jungkook slowly put his phone away and Taehyung pretend to wipe the dust off of his film camera.

I take a step back as I straighten his already perfect jacket and look up at him with a smile, as he brushes the loose strands of hair off of my face. I hear a click and the both of us turn to face Tae,

"Dammit, why isn't this camera more silent!?"

.....

Namjoon's POV

We step into the hustle and bustle of Times Square, coats wrapped tightly around us. I see her shudder as she gets down and pull her close to me as we are escorted to our designated area, amidst screaming fans and flashing phones.

Her POV

I stand on the sidelines at all the interviews, people glancing in my direction whenever they ask Namjoon questions about us, him flashing me a reassuring smile.
I try and stand tall and smile my best smile, but I can't help but feel like I'm being judged every second.

Sigh

....

This was the first time I got to see them perform outside, live.

And they blew me away with their presence.
You could clearly see why they were, where they were...
They were absolutely amazing.

Namjoon's POV

She was there on the side, chanting the fanchants with the ARMY, a look of complete awe on her face.

I make a finger heart in her direction and she smiled so wide that for a split second I forget where I am, not in our living room singing and dancing dramatically,  but in Times Square of all places.

.....

We huddle together in the cold as the countdown begins to the New Year

10! 9! 8! 7!

I notice the guys slowly forming a circle around us and Jin tells me

"You have to kiss her you know-"

Oh

I look at her, slightly annoyed that Jimin and Taehyung are blocking her view, before she looks at me and  the guys forming a ring around us, clarity washing over her face, a small smile on her lips

6!

5!

4!

I walk forward and lean down

"I love you Ayanna"

"I love you too Namjoon"

3!

2!

1!

We kiss a soft but honest kiss. A kiss not of passion, but of love,

"Happy new year, my love" she says with a small smile, meeting my eyes

The guys all cheer, slapping me on my back, grinning at her, and our eyes turn towards the fireworks in the sky, our hands intertwined and our hearts full.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please vote and comment! It really makes my day when I see people reading and interacting with the book! I love each comment and insight y'all give...

-M