6- Breakfast

Her POV

I stand outside my apartment.
Dazed.
Excited.
Tired.
Turning the key and opening the door I enter slowly and make my way to my room.

Breakfast and an entire day with Kim Namjoon?

What the actual fuck?

How did that happen?

He seemed nice. Exactly how I thought him to be.

Thoughtful.

Knowledgeable.

What I didn't expect was how long we could talk. Literal hours. I can hardly hold a conversation beyond a few minutes.

But there wasn't a single lull this evening.

It was fun.

That was something I hadn't thought of in a long time.

Maybe I should tell the girls about this.

They'd lose their minds.

But wait.

I like keeping secrets. I think I'm gonna keep this a secret for a while.

I slip out of my three layered outfit and get into the hot shower.

Oh.

didn't ask him for a picture again.

Ahh well we're meeting tomorrow again anyway...

We're meeting tomorrow again!

I catch myself grinning like an idiot in the mirror.

I wear my pajamas, tie a braid and slip under the covers of my quilt. Until I remember I have to make dinner.

*Sigh*

This is what happens when you travel on a budget I guess..
Music in the background, dancing around the kitchen I whip up a mug of microwave Mac and cheese and settle in front of the TV, watching a random cooking program. Then I wash up and get under the covers.

For real this time.

Exhaustion envelopes me from all that cycling and I pass out. A dreamless sleep.

Namjoon's POV

I make my way to the bakery, my beige coat over my navy sweatshirt, a grey scarf, black mask and sunglasses. She's already there, sitting at the window, sketching, till she spots me and gives a little wave.

Last night

"I met someone today. She seems nice. An army. But not a sasaeng as far as I could make out but I'd like to be sure you know? Hyung, could you ask security to run a few background checks on Ayanna? She says she's an intern at HENN, Germany." I ask Jin hyung.

"Yeah I could do that. Are you meeting her again tomorrow?" He asks and I can basically hear the grin he probably had on his face.

"Yup. We're going to the contemporary arts museum or a bookstore. Haven't decided yet."

"Sounds like your kind of day! Whose idea was it?"

"Hers actually. She was planning to go to these places anyway, and I asked if I could tag along."

"Wow, so no suggestions from you? She sounds really interesting as a person."

"She reminds me of Yoongi hyung. Quiet. To the point conversation you know?"

"SO NOW I KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF ME KIM NAMJOON! To be honest I'm kind of flattered at that description"
I hear Yoongi shout in the background

"HYUNG I TOLD YOU TO NOT PUT THIS ON SPEAKER"

"Yah Namjoon you should know better than just TELLING me to do things. A blood oath would've been better."

"Who else in the room?" I sigh, holding the bridge of my nose.

"All the boys are here!" he says before collapsing in windshield wiper laughs.

"Hyung we promise we won't tell anyone" Jimin announces in the background
"Yeah Namjoon hyung! you can count on us!" I hear Jungkook chiming in

"Namjoon-ah don't worry! I'll make sure they don't talk" Hoseok says, evidently snatching the phone from the maknaes, "Just have fun and be careful okay? We'll get back to you on the background check. I'm gonna go now, Jin looks like he's gonna die of oxygen deprivation. Bye! Goodnight!"

"Goodnight! And thank you!"

Present

Whatever she said had turned out to be true. I breathe a tiny sigh of relief before returning her wave.
I step into the buttery atmosphere of the bakery.

"I ordered an iced americano for you. Did I get that right?" She asks

"You did! I'm gonna get something to eat too. What's good here?"

"The chocolate croissants and raspberry crowns are divine. Today was a raspberry crown sort of day for me."
"I'll try a croissant then."

I get my drink and croissant and seat myself beside her.

.
.
.
.
.
A/N
Hi hi! Anyone who has been constantly reading it now, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Short note though. I added character details in the prologue page of this book. So for those details, go back and read and get to know yourself better, before you proceed.