40- Travel

Her POV

I had told Namjoon about Taehyung's gift and since we were leaving at around 12:00 in the night and celebrating his birthday on the flight, I had brought the painting to Namjoon's room the previous evening when I knew Taehyung would be at the studio. He enters the dorm at around 5:00pm and everyone's either busy packing or at the office so it's just him and I in the living room.

I hand him the wrapped piece.

"What's this?" He says, flashing me a boxy grin

"Happy birthday! Well... I mean happy birthday in advance!"

He sits down on the couch, the smile never leaving his face and I see him light up at the sight of the painting

"Oh oh oh! This is one of my pictures isn't it? And it's painted like the starry night! Oh my gosh it's so cool! I know the perfect place for this at home! Thank you!!!"

I grin at him and he starts asking me to help him paint a piece he has in mind. We decide on a weekend after their tour ends to work on that and he is literally jumping out of joy as he makes his way to his room to finish packing. I make myself a cup of coffee and end up scrolling through Pinterest till Namjoon comes and kisses my forehead from above.

"You ready?"

I look at my watch and it's 7:30
Shoot

I get up and change into the outfit that was pre approved by the stylists. And approved by me. Sweatshirt and jeans with a coat and boots.

Thank the gods it was something I was used to.

We get into the cars, Taehyung showing everyone a picture of the painting and grinning all the way to the airport.

We step out of the car at the airport and  there were so many cameras.

So. Many. Cameras.

I had a mask on and was covered from head to toe in like 3 layers but I still felt ridiculously exposed

Namjoon's POV

The moment we got out, I saw her stiffen at the sight of the cameras. She stuck next to me as we walked inside, cameras flashing in all directions.

She felt so small.

Sometimes I really hated all of this.

  I grab hold of her hand and she looks up at me, her eyes crinkling with a grateful smile.

The moment we step inside, she takes a deep breath.

"I'm sorry-" I whisper to her

"What?! No Joon, don't do that... Don't do that."

....

We took up more than half the seats in the first class cabin. Joon and me, jin and Jungkook, Hobi and Yoongi, Tae and Jimin. So when they brought out the cake, it was a controlled ruckus around Taehyung's seat, people looking at us funny but giving up after a point.

Tae had to spend a considerable amount of time, trying to wash all the frosting off of his face by the time.

We had to sleep though. It was nearing one in the morning and everyone was exhausted. So the moment everyone went back to their seats, they passed out.

.....

There was a controlled crowd in New York, chanting "BTS BTS!" and the guys wave at them before entering the cars. I hid behind Namjoon before he pulled me next to him and linked his arms with mine.

.....

"This is the first time Namjoon hyung hasn't lost his passport or had a doubt about losing his passport." Jimin said as he peeked from the back seat and looked at me with a smile.

"Do you realise how much pressure it is to carry a passport of a CELEBRITY"

"Yah! I'm no celebrity! I'm your boyfriend!" he says as he pulls me closer

"Yeah, my celebrity boyfriend. I thought I'm going to die alone, yet here we are. Life is so random, I don't understand it, but I love it" I say as I snuggle next to him, which makes him smile

"Oh, you wouldn't have died alone... I'm surprised Namjoon found you the way he did" Jin calls out from the front seat

"What is that even supposed to mean?"

He just shrugs in response, a smile on his face.

I look out of the window, taking in the hustle and bustle of New York.

......

They had a couple of interviews and other engagements since they hardly came here, so I stayed back and thought I would something cook for them. Mr Kang maintained a discrete distance as I shopped for the required ingredients, a mask on my face to conceal my identity. I was at the cashier when I spotted a TV playing our arrival in New York, Namjoon linking his arms with mine,the shot cutting to a news reporter asking the ARMYs who were there about us

"I think they're cute!"

"I hope they're happy!"

"He looked happy with her so I guess we can't really complain"

"Ms Ayanna. Your billing is done" I jump as Mr Kang tells me

On the ride back I wonder

How does their opinion matter? Why do fans have to be consulted about an Idol's life? Like, I understand that they helped them become famous and all that... But after a point, they're human too.

But no

Everything they do, every person they interact with is a victim of millions of critical eyes.

How do people not succumb to the madness that is the idol life?

I would lose it, constantly being judged, constantly being watched. But then again, at least I hope, they were constantly being loved too....
These seven men have gone through so much to reach where they are, and yet they have to go through so much every single day-

*Sigh*

They never fail to amaze me.

I hope I make it a little better~

.....

"Ayanna this is really good! You've gotten so much better at this, of say you're a natural!"

"Ahh it feels good eating home cooked food"

"It's as good as Jin hyung's. I don't taste the difference at all!"

"You have to teach me how to cook so that I can help you!" Namjoon says looking at me with wide eyes

"Tell me how that goes" Jin says with a snort

"HYUNG!"

"Ahh Namjoon-ah I've lived with you for years and you still don't know how to decently chop an onion."

Everyone around the table starts nodding and exchanging stories as Namjoon just looks at them with wide eyes, inserting words of protest every few seconds, as I laugh uncontrollably.

This felt like home...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Please vote and comment! It really makes my day when I see people reading and interacting with the book! I love each comment and insight y'all give...

-M