𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚊𝚝𝚎

(A/N: Hello everyone! Please read this! I just want you guys to avoid using curse words. If you plan to use them at least don't say the full word. If someone uses a curse word, please inform me, I will not hesitate to delete your comment. Thank you for reading! Enjoy the story)

(A/N: Oks, update. So, stfu with the meat jokes. It's getting old and it's not that funny ngl. Anymore comments like that will be deleted.)

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

|| 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

I've always wondered what that was. I don't know what happiness is, if I have to be honest with you.

Happiness differs for everyone. It could be an object they cherish, a hobby they improve on or have mastered, or a person whom they love dearly.

There are so many things that could serve as one's happiness. I find that so lovely yet so amusing.

But...this thought always crosses my mind as each second, minute, hour, day, week, month, and year passes.

What is my happiness?

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"What is this?" Emma asked as she peeked inside the gate, using the iron bars to support her.

"It's a gate, it connects the inside and the outside." Norman answered Emma's question.

"Outside, huh? We've never been outside." Emma continued to look inside the gate but I'm sure it's too dark to see anything.

"That's because we've been here ever since we were born." Norman answered once again.

"Mama always tells us, 'Don't go near the gate or fence in the back of the forest because it's dangerous'. Well, something like that." I repeated mama's words from what I remembered.

"That's obviously a lie." Ray finally spoke from beside me. Ray looked at me as he said that.

"Really?" Emma sighed but then got back to her bubbly self in a second. She's so pure.

"What if it isn't a lie? What if there really is something in there or out there? What if mama really is telling us the truth? We'll never know." I said, Ray thought about it and nodded.

"You're right..." Ray mumbled.

"Hey, Ray! What do you wanna do if you go outside?" Emma smiled as she looked at Ray.

"I don't know. What about you?" Ray replied as he leaned his back against the bars. Ray's tone is gloomy, interesting...

"I want to ride a giraffe!" Emma answered with excitement in her voice as she grinned.

"Good luck" Ray sighed as he placed his hands in his pockets while closing his eyes.

"I wonder...I wonder what this gate is protecting us from." Norman grabbed one of the iron bars and looked inside with a curious tone but it was also worried.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

𝘋𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝘋𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝘋𝘪𝘯𝘨

"Everyone, wake up! Or you'll be late for breakfast!" Emma's booming voice cheered. I lazily grabbed my pillow and sat up as I embraced it. My body is engulfed in its warmth.

I'm so tired...

I yawned and rubbed my eyes to get rid of the crusty stuff in it. I stood up and got myself ready for the day.