𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾 - 𝙱𝚎𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚢

Ray's POV

We searched and searched and we couldn't find them. Two years passed without much progress.

"They're nowhere to be found."

"How could we have no clues after looking so hard?"

I'm on the verge of giving up, but I know Y/n and Emma wouldn't give up if I was the one who was separated.

I have to keep searching and I must stay strong.

"Th-They're alive, right? They're in the human world, right?"

"Could it be...that even though they're in this world, we're destined to never find them again?"

"Separating them for us was the reward for the promise?"

"But it doesn't make any sense! I understand why Emma was separated, but why Y/n? She didn't do anything!" Phil exclaimed.

"Yeah! Emma forged the promise, but why was Y/n affected too?" Yvette agreed.

The kids started whining about Y/N's absence. Norman managed to calm them down after a short moment.

"Forbidden zones..." Gilda muttered. Forbidden zones?

"You know! Like when Norman asked us to search for Mujika and Sonju!" Gilda exclaimed.

"Huh? So what about it?" Don inquired.

"Maybe there are places like that here too. Areas where we can't go or aren't allowed in." Gilda explained. She has a fair point.

"A country that doesn't exist anymore..." Norman mumbled.

Regions and countries that were destroyed by war or disasters. Places people won't be living in because they don't exist in 2049.

"Like, remember that time we played hide and seek with Y/n and we couldn't find her?" Anna mentioned.

"What about it?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Well, she hid at the roof of Grace Field which was a forbidden location." she reminded.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

We're never giving up.

No matter how much we search and come up empty...

No matter what the reward was...even if we're destined to never see them again.

We're going to change it. We're going to fight back with everyone. That's what Y/n thought me.

For the sake of them...we'll even overturn destiny.

"Damn it! Nothing in this area either..." I groaned as I scrunched up the map with my clenched fist.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"Nothing on our side either." Norman informed.

"We can't stay much longer. We're going to miss the bus." Gilda reminded.

"Let's come back later" I suggested and they agreed and we began to walk.

"After we meet up with Norman's group, that's when we'll look in the next area." I informed.

Just as I was walking around, I caught a sniff of a familiar scent that I have grown to love.

It had a floral scent mixed with books and a specific shampoo that the girl I love uses all the time. I know it's her.