𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿 - 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚗

"You can do it, Dominic!"

"Go, Dominic!"

People started cheering for Dominic as he attempted to walk on his own with the support of some handicap clutches.

"Great, but that's enough for now! Don't push yourself, this is a very severe injury." I said as I started to worry.

Lately, I have been confident with my horns since Ray has been supporting me a lot. He told me how beautiful I was with and without the horns and that I'm me and looks don't change who I am.

So, I go out with my horns shown. I have gotten weird looks from everyone but they all supported it.

"How's Chris?" Uhmm, I think it was Oliver who said that. Apparently, he came from some kind of playground.

I've also received the news of some of my children dying. I felt so ashamed, so embarrassed, I felt like a failure when I heard about it.

"Still unconscious..." Paula replied.

"It's been a while." I said.

"It's about time he should be waking up." Zack said.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"He looks good. His pulse and breathing are back to normal. Vincent said that there's no brain damage or anything either. It will be alright. He'll wake up soon." Ray reassured Emma.

"Right..." Emma mumbled as she held Chris's hand.

"I'm more worried about Norman. Its been one more day, and he hasn't come back." Ray confessed.

"I want to have that talk as soon as possible. I've been thinking a lot after that. Barbara, Cislo, Vincent...I'm glad we could meet them. They're all good people and we had a lot of fun but...when the topic came up, they all behaved in the same way...so much hatred." Emma said.

"Of course, in Goldy Pond, Oliver's group hated the demons too. But this pure, endless hatred? I've never seen anything like this." Emma remembered some flashbacks.

"It scares me. I wasn't feeling compassion for the demons. I was terrified of the intensity of the hatred that I saw right there. Cislo said they're all the same. Then what about Mujika? And those demon children? I can't imagine they understand what's going on. To say they're all the same. It doesn't make any sense. It makes no sense!" Emma yelled.

"Yeah, but those caught in this won't care about that." Ray retorted.

"After they went through so much pain, especially Y/n. I can't imagine the pain she went through...it's no use to tell them. 'Hey, this hatred is bad'. Once that much anger is there, it can't be stopped. It swells up. It's the cycle of hatred, there's nothing we can do about it. " Emma started feeling guilty for Y/n.

"I guess this is what it means to be at war. It can be out of fear, out of poverty, political ambition, misunderstandings. What sparks it doesn't matter very much. If they can afford to feel compassion for the others, it would be hard to go on killing them. But if the cycle of hatred gets started, the war can't be stopped. They kill one another. They grudge the deaths. They kill again. That's how we, humans, end up fighting one another ourselves, again and again for thousands of years." Ray told Emma.

'So there's nothing we can do? But...' Emma sighed and looked at Chris.

"But I...I want-" before Emma could finish voices yelled, interrupting her.