𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸 - 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙼𝚜. 𝙺𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚎

I got another nightmare...

Conny...I miss you so much...

I felt a tear run down my cheek. It's 4 in the morning right now. No one should be awake, it's okay. I can let it all out.

Another tear ran down my cheek, I tried to wipe it away but it just kept running, so I just cried silently as I hugged my pillow. I made sure not to let out a single noise.

Hyperventilating

Someone's hyperventilating. I wiped my tears and quickly stood up and looked around the room to see who could be having trouble breathing.

That's when I passed by Emma's bed, she was gasping for air. I ran to her making sure I don't wake the other children up. I sat on her bed and ran my fingers through her hair and it seemed to calm her down and she started sleeping peacefully.

'Emma rarely has any nightmares, wait she doesn't even get nightmares. How weird. Did she see something at the gate last night?' I thought as I looked at Emma's peaceful state. I stood up and went back to sleep.

'Comfort everyone, it doesn't matter if you're hurting, as long as they're happy, you're happy too.' I thought as I went back to sleep.

I woke up quite early and decided to help mama make breakfast since I know that around this time she should be preparing breakfast.

I saw her in the kitchen cooking, I went up behind her and watched as she mixed and cut the food.

"Mama" I called out. She gasped and jumped a little before turning around and sighing, realizing it was just me.

"My gosh Y/n, don't do that! You scared me." Mama placed her hand on her heart.

"O-oh sorry about that mama. I was wondering if you wanted any help. I woke up early and since no one's awake but you, I have nothing to really do." I confessed. Mama smiled and told me to help her make breakfast. (A/N: That rhyme was on purpose ;>)

When finally, everyone has awoken, they started setting up the table while the younger children played around.

Mama told me to watch them for a while, while she handled the dangerous part of cooking.

I realized how Emma looked at mama with eyes with fear in them. Emma sure is acting weird ever since she got back from the gate.

"Y/n! Would you please help me with this?" mama called for me. I smiled and went to her and helped her.

"Y/N?!" I heard a loud voice yell my name. Mama looked at me in shock and went out.

"Ray? What's wrong?" I heard Mama asked Ray. Why is Ray calling for me? Does he need me? Did something happen?

After about a minute, mama went back to me and told me that Ray is looking for me.

"Ray? What's the matter?" I asked as I wiped my hands with a towel. Ray looked at me and quickly hugged me out of the blue.

"R-Ray?!" I gasped. He hugged me even tighter and leaned towards my ear.

"Idiot, I couldn't find you so I looked around, and turns out you were just helping mama." Ray whispered in my ear.

"Well, you looked so peaceful when you sleep. I didn't want to ruin it by telling you where I am, silly." I said as I hugged him back.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"Good morning, my dear children. Today is a special day because Y/n helped me cook breakfast! So I'm sure it will be delicious!" Mama smiled at me and we began to eat.