Chapter 4

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THEY ARE ALL BY SHANNON MESSENGER FROM KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES.

----------
3RD PERSON
----------

"I'm sorry, you look familiar. Who are you again?" Sophie said as her eyes were locked on Dex. It looked like they were punched in the gut, unable to even react or utter a word in shock.

"Sophie, why are you joking?" Biana said jokingly, but her laugh was too awkward not to feel her confusion.

"I'm sorry, can I hold your hand for a moment?" Keefe said, trying to use his empathy to check whether she's lying or not.

Sophie looked at Keefe's extended hand like it was unfamiliar to her, and he already had a hunch about it. "I don't know what to feel about that but, here." She placed her hand on top of his, and that confirmed everything.

Sophie locked her eyes into Keefe as he carefully removed his hand from hers.

She stood up and walked near him until Keefe felt uncomfortable to take a step back. "How do you know me? Who are you?" She questioned him.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Dex shouted all of a sudden. Everyone flinched at the sudden raise of voice, but they managed to remain composed.

"Sophie, do you really not remember us?" He asked, pointing to himself, then to everyone present in the room.

"I'm sorry, but I don't. Really." She answered, raising two hands up in the air as if to prove her innocence.

"Wow." Dex said, smacking his forehead. "I only watched human movies but I never thought I'd be encountering a person with amnesia in real life"

"What's amnesia?" Elwin asked, perking up at the possible new term for anything health related.

"It's what humans call when they forget their memories due to an accident or shock. Sometimes they fake it in life threatening situations, and some are real." Dex explained in the shortest way possible.

"Okay so how do we get Sophie back?" Fitz asked. "I mean, her memories." He quickly added.

"Usually, the memories return at some point, though we don't know for how long. Sometimes memories are triggered by something, or someone. Sometimes they don't come back at all." Dex said the last part softly, afraid of jinxing it.

The thought made everyone shudder, and it didn't help that Sophie was looking at them like they're strangers to her.

"Okay, I know what amnesia is but I don't know you all. Where am I? Who are you? What am I doing here?" She demanded for answers, impatiently tapping her foot.

They all look at each other, deciding who to explain all this stuff because obviously she wouldn't believe them.

Magnate Leto then entered the room and asked for Sophie's condition. Elwin explained what happened and that she woke up with something called amnesia, according to Dex.

Magnate Leto stepped out of the Healing Center, only to came back as Mr. Forkle.

"Mr. Forkle!" Sophie said and went to him. Mr. Forkle looked at them with a look that says  he'll deal with the explanation.

He held out a pathfinder and together they lightleaped.

----------

"That was hella creepy, no offense." Keefe said, breaking the silence. "I mean, I should be happy Foster's accepting my offer for holding hands but- it's not her." He told us.