Chapter 29

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THEY ARE ALL BY SHANNON MESSENGER FROM KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES.

----------
SOPHIE'S POV (1st person)
----------

I'm no. 1.

And darn, I knew it the moment he tried to peek at the stick I got. He probably knew what it was before I even got to take a look look at it.

I was looking through Keefe's triumphant face, then next to Fitz who was looking at the stick, then to Tam who was so happy he got a number 6, to Dex who looked as flabbergasted as me, and to the two girls sharing mischievous looks at each other.

I need a way out of this.

I finally removed the shocked expression on my face and sighed. I put the stick up for everyone to see and confidently (not as confident as I want it) said "I'm number 1."

Tam was literally laughing right now, and Linh was giving him a concern look, deciding whether Tam laughing was good or she needs to contact an asylum.

"It was you, Foster?" Keefe said, trying to act innocent. I rolled my eyes and saw his famous smirk that makes every girl weak to the knees.

"Shut up, you cheated." I said to his face. He put 1 finger up and swayed it left to right.

"No, no. I did no such thing." He said, but everyone knows it wasn't true.

"Okay then." I answered. Fitz and Dex looked at me as if I was going insane.

Tam was still laughing, muttering something about "100 points for Keefe" while Biana and Linh was hesitant, but was dying to see what will happen.

Keefe was expectantly waiting for it, but neither of them moved. He raised an eyebrow and finally spoke "Is this the part where I should laugh? I kind of don't get the joke."

I smiled, my mind finally picking up the right answer.

"There's no joke, Sencen." I said. He had this bewildered look on his face, as I've never called him by his last name.

"I'm going to do your command." I gave him the best smile my lips could make, and it just made him more impatient.

"Then..?" He said, not knowing what words to say.

"You never told me when to do it, so I'll get to decide." I said, crossing my arms. The tables have turned, as I'm the one smirking at him.

Fitz and Dex looked relieved, as well as the two girls. Tam snorted and muttered "1000 points to Sophie" as Keefe's face started to crumble down.

"Wow, Foster. Way to hurt my pride." He said, frowning. I laughed, because it was funny, and because it was my victory.

"Aside from 2 forced kisses and 1 consensual kiss." I said, looking at Dex's direction "I want the next one to be special, you know."

"Yeah, you guys never get it at all." Biana interjected. "We'd like it to be extraordinary like kissing the right person under the stars as that kiss sweep us of our feet." She added, looking like the hopeless romantic she is.

"Oh, well I guess a certain someone should take note of that." I said, and immediately, two heads went red.

Linh giggled and started humming a song about lovers kissing under the moonlit sky.

"Where'd you even get that song?" Dex asked curiously. For a fact, elves don't like songs that much, but they do dance. Most of the freaking time.