Chapter 19

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THEY ARE ALL BY SHANNON MESSENGER FROM KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES.

A/N: 500+ reads!!! Thank you for your continuous support 🥰

----------
3RD PERSON
----------

Thankfully, Sophie only received an earful from both boys who found out what happened from Linh. It seems like only Lihn broke from their pressure, spilling out everything she knew.

Sophie insisted that the injury was not as bad as it looks, and that her range of motion would definitely decrease, but would not get in the way of her daily life.

They talked about what happened with their respective tasks. They laughed when they told how Tam got lost and needed Dex's instruction to reach the exit.

Tam made a snarky remark like "I could've gotten out on my own." but Linh shut him down by saying "Yeah, when the maze's over." which made everyone laugh.

Fitz and Keefe told them that the one-on-one was more on an assessment if their powers are too strong for the council to put their reins on, so it was not as fun as an exhibition as they thought it was.

When the bell rang, they all went out and continued talking. Sophie said she's going home with the twins today, as they had something to talk about.

It looks like the twins don't have any idea about it, but not that they mind either. They'd prefer a company with only the two of them at home.

Before they stepped onto the leapmaster, Fitz briefly saw Sophie and Keefe talk with their eyes which sent a bit of sadness in him.

Am I really the farthest one from Sophie? He thought. He was only brought back from his daze when his sister snapped a finger in front of him.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked, looking confused and concerned at his brother's recent actions. "Are you worried that we're taking Sophie away from you?"

Fitz answered with a no, but his eyes tell a different story. Biana sighed and patted his back, making him stand straighter than before. "Don't worry. She'll come around." She said as they stepped into the leapmaster

----------

Sophie went home after the talk with the twins. She told them the same thing she told Keefe some nights ago, and they understood easily.

Tam was not as emotional as Linh was, but his tone of voice suggests the same amount of concern Linh has for her. She decided to talk to them first because she knows they'd have the least questions.

When she explained what she was feeling for quite some time now, Linh just pulled her in for a hug as Tam placed a hand on both their shoulders. Not much words were exchanged, but the actions were reassuring enough.

After the talk with the twins, she decided to talk to her parents about it. As expected, Edaline let out small sobs which made Sophie sad as well.

They told her that she has nothing to worry about, and that even if some things has change, she will always be their "Sophie".

"Nothing you do will disappoint us." Grady told her. Her heart was filled with those words, and the love she felt from them was more than what she could ask for. They had dinner together and for the first time, she quickly drifted off to sleep.

----------
FITZ'S POV
----------

The Vacker's dinner was unusually quiet, Alden and Della was out on a mission and Biana and Fitz never said a word to each other. They quickly finish their food and scrambled to their own rooms.