64

"d-dad?"

"taehyung?" mr. kim called back, his eyes wide as he stared at the curly haired boy.

taehyung stared back, looking at jihye and then at hyeji before looking back at his dad, his heart breaking more.

"i-i- " taehyung stuttered out, can't find the words he wants to say.

mr. kim handed jihye to hyeji for a while before looking back at taehyung.

"taehyung. son. i'm sorry-" mr. kim said, about to approach the boy but taehyung stepped back.

"how could you do this to me and mom?" taehyung asked in a small voice, tears starting to brim in his eyes but he blinked it away, not wanting for his father to see how weak he is.

"taehyung, i'm so sorry" mr. kim apologized, lowering his head guiltily.

jimin just watched them at the side, shocked about what happened.

hyeji is taehyung's stepsister?

jimin thought as he looked at hyeji who has her eyebrows furrowed.

"did you even loved me and mom?" taehyung asked again, still looking at mr. kim who slowly looked up.

"i loved the both of you taehyung. it's just that-" mr. kim replied but was interrupted when taehyung talked again.

"we are not enough for you" taehyung finished, watching at how mr. kim looked directly into his eyes with guilt.

"why?" taehyung asked again, biting his bottom lip.

mr. kim was about to answer when a voice stopped him, turning his head.

"dad, let's go. you're wasting your time with that stupid boy" hyeji said, pulling at mr. kim's sleeve.

mr. kim looked back at taehyung, still trying to find his words to answer the question.

"honey! what are you all doing here? is jihye okay?" another voice interrupted, all of them turning their heads to see a woman approaching them.

"uh...yes she's okay" mr. kim said, looking at his wife.

"oh. who's this?" mrs. kim asked, pointing at taehyung.

"no one mom. let's go" hyeji answered, pulling her mom with her free hand, walking away.

"dad! let's go!" hyeji shouted angrily when the man didn't follow them.

mr. kim just looked at them, looking back to taehyung with guilt on his face.

"i'm sorry son. i have to go" mr. kim said, hesitantly patting taehyung's shoulder before walking away, following his family.

taehyung just stood still, feeling his heart drop as he stared into space before talking.

"i'm heading to the car" taehyung whispered, walking away and not even looking back at the two.

"daddy, is mommy taetae okay?" minji sadly asked, pouting as she looked up at jimin.

"let's go home angel okay? we'll go back here when mommy taetae is okay" jimin said and the girl just nodded, letting herself be carried by jimin as they walked to the car.

the car ride back to the house was heavy for taehyung. the curly haired boy just looking at the window as droplets of rain slides down.

minji felt sad too, not used to taehyung who is not even talking right now. no singing of disneys songs and no happy taehyung.

jimin keeps on looking at taehyung, feeling sad and hurt for his boyfriend.

when they got home, taehyung quickly went out of the car, protecting minji from the rain and not even bothering to cover himself.

jimin sighed, grabbing yeontan from the back before locking the car and running in the house.

when he got in, he dropped yeontan on the floor, looking up to see minji sitting on the couch, fiddling with her fingers and looking at jinin sadly.

"mommy taetae isn't okay daddy" minji sadly said as jimin carried her and put her on his lap.

"where did mommy taetae go?" jimin asked, tucking minji's hair behind her ears.

"to your room" minji replied.

"okay. play with tannie for a while angel okay? i'll just check on mommy taetae" jimin said and the girl nodded before jimin put her on the couch.

jimin then stood up, slowly walking towards the door of his room, sighing before knocking.

"taehyung baby?" jimin called out, not wanting to just barge in the room since he knows what is taehyung feeling right now.

when he heard no response, he tried knocking again, this time louder.

"taehyung, love. it's jimin" jimin said again but still no response from taehyung.

he decided to talk to the younger later when they will go to sleep, sighing before walking away from their room.

____________________
did you uhm...liked the plot twist? 🥺👉🏻👈🏻 i hope so and i hope u like this 🥺❤️