Chapter 9

Y/N

"Y/n..."

I opened my eyes and blinked multiple times to adjust my vision from the daylight.

"Y/n, your stepbrother is on the telephone."

I sat up and saw my stepmom smiling at me and that's the reason why I like her.

"I'll just do my routine." She nodded and left my room.

I stood up and headed to the bathroom to do my routine.

After several minutes, I went down and saw my little sister on the telephone. Probably talking to our stepbrother.

Loreine, she's also my stepsister. She's the offspring of Dad and Stepmom. While me, I'm Dad and my real Mom's daughter.

"Oh, Sister Doc is here!" Loreine said cheerfully before handing me the telephone and stood up.

I took the telephone and sat at the sofa that Loreine vacated.

"Hello." I answered.

"Y/n! I miss you!"

I smiled, "Me too. How are you?"

"We're working hard!"

"I know. Why did you call?"

"Mom wants you to come here in Korea! My birthday is coming and I'm going to celebrate it at the house!"

My Mom got married to his Dad and he already have him when they got married. He has another brother and that's my Mom and her current husband's offspring.

"When do you want me to come?"

"1 week before? This can be your vacation too, you just resigned right?"

"Yeah. I'll tell Dad about this."

"Ask them to come if they want!"

I winced, "You do know it will be awkward, right? But okay, I'll try."

"Okay! See you! Love you!"

"And I don't." He chuckled on the other line.

"We both knew that it's not true."

I shook my head and ended the call.

I stood up and went to the kitchen, all of them are in there.

"Y/n, what did you guys talked about?" Mom asked while removing her apron, I think she's finished cooking.

"He wants me to go back to Korea again for his birthday." I said while taking a seat on a chair.

Dad put his newspaper down and looked at me with a frown, "Will you be okay?"

They knew about Kim 'brain diseased' Taehyung.

I nodded, "I think so. Just like what you guys have said, I changed a lot. I doubt he will recognize me."

Silence filled the air as I shifted to my chair awkwardly, "He said that if you guys wants to come, you can."

"You already knew the answer, it will be a mess if you put me and your Mom in one place. Besides, Loreine doesn't have a passport we can't leave here alone." I just nodded at Dad, I already knew that he will say that.

Loreine, who's eating cereals, pouted. She wants to go to Korea and I promised her that one day, she will.

I stood up, "I'll go there a week before his birthday. I should go and purchase a ticket."

They gave me a nod before I left the kitchen and headed towards my room.