Connected by the soul: chapter 1

"Woohooo. Your twenty-one!" Katrina yells. "Yeah." I sigh not in the mood to celebrate. "Fuck that bitch Alex. You didn't need his ugly ass anyways." "Tara, I love him..." "No you don't, you loved who he used to be. He doesn't deserve you. People put on an act until you become dependent on them." Maybe she's right. He used to be so sweet. Then we got into our first fights. After about a year he would hit me, but rarely. I thought it was just anger, so I let it go and stayed with him. After about three years, the hitting became a usual thing, but I couldn't leave him now. I had fallen to deep for who he occasionally was. I didn't want to lose that, I thought he still had that old loving person in him. So I did what I thought was best. I hid the bruises and acted like it was all okay. One day it got really bad though. I saw he started doing drugs and got really upset. It blew up into a huge fight and he almost knocked me unconscious. That was only about two months ago. Tara and Kat (my best friends) found out and helped me get through it since then. Well for the most part anyways. We all moved to L.A. about a week ago. I always wanted to move to Los Angeles, now here I am in this bitter sweet moment. In the beginning of my relationship with Alex, we would talk about moving somewhere better than the boring old town we lived in.  "Hellooooooo. Bri, snap out of it. Were gonna be late." Kat says with a slight laugh. A tear streams down my face. "Why am I so fucked up." I whisper. "No this is not your fault." Tara says hugging me. "Hey, were in L.A. now this is were we belong. This is our new start were we forget about the past. So please, please just try to forget him. He doesn't even deserve to be thought about. I hate seeing you like this Bri, we love you." Kat says with a soft voice, but serious tone "You're right." I nod in agreement. "Good and if you can't forget him, we can drink until you do." "Hell yeah." I say with an almost real laugh. "Oh that reminds me, Devyn wanted to know if her boyfriend can come along with a few friends." "Sure I don't mind." "I'll text her. Were gonna all meet in front of the bar by the way." Tara says. "Sounds good, can we just go now." Tara gives me a friendly, yet stern look."Sorry I'm just ready to drink the past few ways away. I can finally do it legally, starting today." Her expression changes to sympathetic. Damn, that's just gonna make it worse. I turn away and open the door. I walk out to the curb, while the girls follow behind me. "Do you guys want me to order the Uber?" I ask pulling out my phone. "I already did in the house." Kat says with a smile. After only waiting about five minutes our Uber arrives. The ride was awkwardly quite, but it was short, so I didn't mind. After arriving at the bar, I see Devyn, Corey, and four other guys. I walk up to Corey and Dev and hug them both, while saying hi. Kat and Tara do the same. I glanced over at the four other guys. To start there was a guy with brown curly hair, who looked really nice, and was kind of cute. Standing next to him was a blonde haired guy with nice eyes. Jake was next. I've actually met him a few times, but we never really talked. I know him and Tara were into each other though. I just smiled and waved to him, receiving one back. I saw Tara going to talk to him, so I just moved my eyes to the next person. This guy was just on his phone, looking like he didn't want to be here. I can't blame him, if I could just drink this much alcohol from the comfort of my home I would. He looks up after a few seconds and we make eye contact. We stare at one another for a few seconds, before I finally say something. "Do u wanna introduce yourself or are we gonna have a staring contest the whole time." "You started it." He says with a laugh. Ha, I like this guy.