connected by the soul: Chapter 7

"I'll see you soon." He says. "Do you have my number?" I ask. "I'll ask Tara." he says before getting in his car. "Okay, good." I say, while he puts his seatbelt on and turns toward me again. I softly kiss his lips then close the door and walk back to the elevator. I hear him drive off as I click the elevator button. What is this weird connection? I honestly did wish Tara didn't come in, which really scares me. After my ex and every male in my life have mistreated me, why have I opened up to him so easily. I really just met him, yet I've somehow managed to let him become ten times as capable to hurting me then anyone else. I hear a bing and the elevator door opens. I press the button to the top floor and begin to get lost in my thoughts again. I think of Colby and how sweet he has been to me. Alex used to be like that. My subconscious reminds me. Alex was the same way, but he just used you for your body, why would Colby be different. It's not like you have anything else to offer. You already started kissing and your not even dating. I tried to push the thoughts away. I tried to convince myself Colby is different. I could feel it. I honestly do thing Colby is different too, but my mind won't let Alex go. Even my uncle. It's all just stuck in the back of my mind, yearning to come forward at the worst times. By the time I got to my front door there were tears running down my face, so many it looked like one continues stream on each side. I calmed down and tried to fix my face up as best as I could before walking in, but I know my eyes were probably still red and glossy. I walk on kind of worried Tara will ask me what's wrong. I really don't feel like talking about it right now. When I open the door Tara is knocked out on the couch. I sigh in relief and quietly close the door behind me. She must have had a long night with Jake. I smile trying not to laugh. I walk to my room and close the door. I have no idea what I should do today, but I decide I should get ready before Tara wakes up, and I have to explain why I look like an emotional wreck. I grab some clothes and my make-up bag so that I can just continue getting ready in the bathroom after my shower. It takes me about an hour to get ready. I decide to just do a natural look with my make up, wear some light blue high wasted distressed shorts, and a long white hoodie with the words playboy on the back and a pair of women's lips holding a match in her mouth. I brush my hair and just leave it natural. Now I have to figure out what I go ready for. As I begin to think I hear my stomach growl. Oh duh I should go grab something to eat it's already noon. Oh shit I didn't even realize it's already noon. I've never slept that good in my life, usually a nightmare or something will wake me up or keep me from sleeping. I think back to me feeling safe in Colby's arms. "I really hope he's different." I sigh to myself. I feel my phone buzz from my back pocket. I check to see what it is and see a text message from a random number. The text said, 'Hey it's Colby, I know I just left your apartment just over an hour ago, but I was wondering if you wanted to go out to lunch today?' I peek back out into the living room to see a still sleeping Tara. How'd he get my number? 'Yeah. Where do you wanna go?' I respond. 'Great. I'll be there in thirty minutes.' He text back. 'Kay. See u soon.' I send before putting my phone down. Waite a minute, he never said where we were going.