Connected by the soul: chapter 27

I pull down the blankets and lay in the bed. As I pull them back over me, I hear a knock on the door. "Come in." I call out. Colby walks in and closes the door behind him. "Your really going to sleep?" He asks. "Yeah. We literally have to get up in like four hours." I say snuggling into the bed. "Fine make room for me." He says walking over to the side of the bed. I roll over to one side of the bed as Colby gets in next to me. "Come here." Colby says moving closer to me and wrapping his arm around my stomach. "Colby." I say looking up at him. "What's up?" He asks. "I'm kind of scared. Today was actually kind of freaky." I say. "Yeah. It was, but it'll be okay. I'm right here with you." He says hugging me tighter. "Your right." I sigh. "I promise. You'll be okay." He says. "Okay." I smile leaning up and quickly kissing him, before settling back in his arms. "Mmm. Your lips are sweet." Colby hums out in a soft voice smiling. "That's because they've been glued to yours." I say with a small laugh. "Yeah. I can't help it." He says. "Me either." I smile, closing my eyes. I fell asleep almost instantly, with how comforting it felt, being in Colby's arms. My mind began to take over, as I started to dream. "Holy shit." I say as I pop up from the cold ocean water. "It's cold right?" Colby laughs. "Definitely." I laugh out. I hear a faint call from the distance. It sounded like a child and they sounded scared. "What was that?" I ask looking around. "Me throwing you back in the water." Colby laughs, before doing exactly that. I hold my breath as I fall into the water abd come back up laughing. "Colby. I was serious." I laugh. "There's no one here. Relax it's the mild of the night. We're safe I promise." He smiles. "Okay." I smile back feeling comfort in Colby's words. We start messing around, but then I hear the voice again. It's more vivid this time. It's a little girl. "Colby there's a little girl, she sounds scared. We should go help her." I say starting to walking out of the water. "No, it's fine. Don't go. What if it's dangerous? I don't want to lose you." Colby almost begs. I don't know why, but for some reason it angers me that he's saying that. I take a deep breath. "I understand that, but I'll be fine. What if that little girl was me? Would you just leave her there? Do you not hear how scared she sounds? I have to go. I can feel it." I say to him. "I'm not asking anymore. Don't go." He says. "You can't tell me what to do. Especially when I know I can help someone." I say pulling my arm away and walking off. "That's nit what I meant." He calls out, but I keep walking. I don't even know where I'm walking, I just have a feeling of where to go. I look back and notice Colby didn't come after me. I felt a sharp pain in my heart knowing that, but I kept walking. I heard the voice of the little girl calking out for help again and crying. I ran to it this time until a saw a little gurl just standing there crying. "What's wrong?" I ask walking up to here. She doesn't answer, just steps forward and hugs me as I kneel down to her. I hug her back and she continues crying. She looked familiar and I didn't know why. "Who are you? Why do I feel like I know you?" I ask. "I had. I'm sorry. I want to help." She begs, squeezing onto me. "What?" I ask pulling away. "I lost them. I don't know where they are." The girl cries out. I pull her back into the hug and gently run her back. "Just breathe. We'll find them. Who is it?" I ask. "Everyone." She says taking in a deep breath. "My family." She says in a shaky breath. "We'll find them." I say. "No you don't understand. They we're taken away." The girl says pulling away. "What? Who are you?" I ask again. "I'm Autumn. I swear I only want to help you. They made me bring you here. You can trust me now though. Don't worry." She says. I am so lost right now and I feel a whirlpool of strange emotions. "We need to go get Colby. You can stay with us for now." I say. "Your boyfriend?" She asks. "Yeah." I answer confused. I call out his name. "I'm over here. In the water." He calls back out to me. We jog over there and I step inside the water. I see the Autumn stop. "Come on it's okay." I say. "I can't." She says. "Why?" I ask. "I can't touch water anymore. I'll die." She says. "You'll what?" I ask. I feel Colby grab my hand. "Come here babe. I missed you." He says wrapping his arms around me. "Bri don't. That's not him." She says. "This is Colby though." I smile. "Stop. That's not him." She begs. "Sure it is." I say turning and looking at Colby. "See babe. I told you not to go. Your safe now." He says. Leaning in to kiss me. I kiss him back, but something feels off. I decide not to say anything unsure of what to say. "Come on Colby. We have to go home. She needs our help." I say referring to Autumn. "Who Autumn." He says, looking over to her. "Yeah. How do you know her name?" I ask. "It doesn't matter. Don't trust her." He says moving his hands from my hips to holding my hands. "What are you talking about?" We have to go." I say. "No kiss me longer. Better yet dance for me." He says in a semi-demanding tone.