Connected by the Soul: Chapter 4

"Nothing. He's just annoying." "Wow, okay I'll just take this cake back. Thank Colby for the bad birthday" Nick says. "Waite how did you know it's my birthday?" "Actually Colby told me. This was all his idea." He said scratching his head with a smile. "Anyways happy birthday. I hope you enjoy the cake." "Thank you Nick. I should really come here more often." "Yeah, you and Colby." He says before walking away. I turned back towards Colby. "Thank you for this. Thank you for everything you've done for me today." "Yeah, of course." He smiles. "Can I ask you something?" "Go for it." He says. "We barely met, so why are you doing all of this for me." "I don't know, there's just something special about you. For some reason I just want to make your day and not just today, everyday. It's like your smile just lights my world. There's just some kind of connection and I can't explain it." I hug Colby and begin to cry. I never want to let go of him. Colby hugs me back tightening his arms around me. Nick comes back and Colby just asks if we can get the cake to go. I finally let go. I look at his eyes and feel as my heart beat as if it's beating for him. It's like my soul aches to be with him and I don't know why. We barely met yet I feel something telling me to trust him. I can't even help, but to listen to whatever that voice is. We grab the cake and get out of our seats. "Bye Nick. Thank you for the cake." I say while walking to the door. "Bye guys, have a good one." Colby and Nick wave to one another and we leave. "Oh that reminds me, the girls and everyone, is at your house right now." "Oh, so you wanna go to your house?" "Oh my god. Colby I just met you." "Waite, I didn't mean it like that, I just thought we could hang out a little longer, it doesn't have to be at your house." I couldn't help but to laugh at how flustered and shy he got. "Don't worry, I understand. We can go to my place. Plus I love with Tara, and she's probably not coming home today." "Oh, so you want me to stay over." He says with a wink, while laughing. Now it was my turn to become flustered. "Um...no..I...I was just saying. Like throwing it out there, you know?" I didn't even know, what I was really saying, all I know is that I can feel my cheeks getting red. Colby begins to laugh really hard. "Oh God your laughing at me." Colby takes the cake from me and puts in on the hood of some random person's car. "Come here, you know I'm just messing with you." He says, pulling me into a hug. I hug him back, feeling like this is where I belong. Why do I feel like that. I haven't even known him for more than hour, yet I don't ever want to leave his arms. He pulls away and I snap out of it. I turn around and grab the cake. "Can you hold this, while I order an Uber." "Oh no please, you already got us a wonderful meal and this cake." I say shaking the cake a little. "Yeah, but it's your birthday. Please, just let me." He says with big doughy eyes. "Hey, you can't do that. It's hard saying no to start with." "I'll feel bad if you don't let me." He says, still making puppy eyes. "Fineeeee. But I'll remember this. " He pulls out his phone and opens Uber I give him my address and he presses order. "The Uber will be here in about... Oh actually two minutes. That's never happened to me before." "Me either. Maybe we're each other good luck charms." I laugh.  "Maybe that's why I have this feeling around you." Did he just... Does he feel it to. "Waite what did you say." "Nothing." "No, I'm serious." "Oh, would you look at that. The uber is here." He says as a car pulls in front of us. We go to my front door and the Uber drives off. I put the key in the door lock, but stop and turn around. "Waite. You can't come out to you tell me, what you meant before the Uber driver came. "I don't know what your talking about?"