Connected by the soul: Chapter 8

I waite for about twenty-five minutes just listening to music and laying down, before I get a phone call. "Hello?" "Hey, I'm outside your door." Colby says. "Okay. I'll be there in a second." I get up and open the door. "Why didn't you just knock?" I ask. "I wanted to hear your voice." He smiles. "That's stupid you would have still heard it three seconds later regardless." I laugh jokingly. "Hey. I was just trying to be nice. The truth is I just wanted the door to be open by the time I got here." He replies. Causing us to both laugh. "You ready?" he ask. "Yeah." I grab my purse then we leave. As I get into the elevator I send Tara a text so she knows where I am. Well I just tell her I'm going to lunch with Colby. I still don't know where were going. The elevator door opens and we walk out to the parking garage. "So where are we going?" I ask. "Oh yeah. Do you like Tender Greens?" He asks while opening my door for me. "Never been there I say while getting into the car. He looks at me in amazement, like the words I just said aren't english. "Really?" He asks. "Yeah, are you just gonna look at me or take me there?" I laugh. "Oh right." He says before closing my door and jogging around to the other side of the car. He gets in and drives off. "So you wanna play a game?" He asks. "Like what?" I ask curiously. "Ten questions. We each take turns asking questions. Five each." "Okay, I'll go first." I suggest. "Ummm... First. Oh how did you get my number?" I ask. "Devyn gave it to me. I texted Tara, but she wouldn't answer." "Yeah, she was a sleep." I laugh. "Waite you'd really go through all that trouble for me?" I ask. "Hey it's my turn." He laughs. "Fine. Go." "How old are you?" He asks. "Obviously 21, yesterday was my birthday. I basically spent it with you." "Oh yeah." He chuckles. "Kay my turn. You'd really go through all that trouble for my number?" I repeat my question from earlier. "Yeah, I mean it wasn't to much work, but you seem worth it." He says glancing over to me. "Awe thank you." "Before you even know how I got your number or where we were going you agreed to go out with me. Why?" I never even thought about that. "Huh? I don't know. I think I kind of just did it as instinct. I have a feeling that makes me trust you I guess." "Hm. Okay. Your turn." "Without looking what color are my eyes?" I ask instantly closing them. "There brown." I begin to open them, but he continues. "Like a beautiful honey brown, but in certain lighting they have hints of hazel green." He says turning towards me. "Like now for example." He smiles. My heart skips a few beats at his words. I never knew someone can pay so much attention to me. I never knew anyone cared to. "Okay your turn." I say, my voice shaky with emotion. He pulls over in front of a restaurant with big letters, spelling Tender Greens. He turns off the car and looks at me. "What's wrong?" He asks full of worry. "Last question. Would you ever hurt me?" I ask as a tear drips down my face. "I could never. I couldn't even think of hurting you. I know we just met and this is all so weird, but just the thought of anyone hurting you, especially me kills me. I would never even think of it. I don't know exactly why or how, but I care about you so much." His voice cracks with emotion on the last sentence. Making me want to jump over this damn arm rest and hug him, resting in his arms forever. I nod my head and wipe my tears. "Let's go eat." I say opening the door. We both get out the car and he grabs my hand while locking the car door. I rest my head against his shoulder as we walk into the restaurant. Having by my side holding on to me just feels right. It feels like this is were I belong. Colby feels like my home. We order our food then find somewhere to sit. I look out the window by our table, thinking about Colby, when I see a someone pass by.