Connected by the soul: chapter 14

"Please I'll make pancakes." His head shoots up. "Pancakes?" He says. I start dying. "Yeah, pancakes. I thought you weren't hungry though." I continue to laugh. "I lied, I just wanted to be lazy." He says rubbing his eyes. "Okay good. Lets go." I say kissing his cheek before kissing his cheek then walking to the door. We walk to the kitchen and no one is there. "Is no one up this early?" I question. "Nope, especially not me. I'm usually the last person up." Colby says. "Oh. Where do you keep the pancake mix?" I ask. "Uh. I don't know. I don't make pancakes." He says. "Your kidding right?" I say to Colby. I hear footsteps and Colby and I both turn our heads to the doorway. We see Sam appear around the corner. He jumps up. "Jesus! You guys are up." He says shocked. "Yeah. Where's the pancake mix." I say focused on the pancakes still. "Oh it's on the top cabinet to your left." He responds. "Thank you. Someone was no help." I turn towards Colby. "What I don't cook." He says putting his hands up. "Yeah he can't cook." Sam agrees. "I'm surprised Colby is up this early." Sam says. "I am too." Colby laughs. "Wow how come she can wake you up and your perfectly happy, but God forbid I try to." Sam complains, but laughs. "Because Bri offers to feed me. And her face is cuter to wake up too." Colby responds. "Awe thank you." I smile then peck Colby on the lips. "First, gross. And second what happened to Solby bro." Sam says. "Of course I still love you man. Solby for life." Colby laughs. "Okay I need a big bowl." I say. Colby reaches on another cabinet and hands me one. "Do you want some too?" I ask Sam. "Yeah sure. I'll make eggs and bacon." Sam says walking over to the fridge. "Hey don't leave me out. What should I do?" Colby asks, poking out his bottom lip. "You can set up the plates and stuff. Then you could be our moral support." I laugh. "Deal." He says. Sam, Colby and I all just laugh and talk, while making breakfast. Once we finished cooking we decide to go to the living room to eat. "Oh yeah the median is coming over today to talk to us, before we leave tomorrow." Sam says. "Oh yeah. I forgot." Colby says with a face full of food. "Ewwe chew with your mouth closed." I say. "Sorry." He says after swallowing his food. "So what time are they coming?" I ask. "Isn't she supposed to be here at five." Colby says looking to Sam. "Yeah." He says looking back. "Oh good. I have time to go home and pack first then." I say sighing in relief. "Yeah you should probably stay the night here. We have to get here up at two am, our plane leaves at four." Colby says. Two in the fucking morning. He's joking. "Okay." Is all I say though. We finish eating and put the dishes in the sink. I decide to clean all the dishes because it was my idea to make pancakes also it feels like I should. "Oh you don't have to so that." Colby says walking up to me. "It's okay." I say continuing to was the dishes. "Okay then Sam and I will straighten up the rest of the kitchen." Colby says, now standing right behind me. "Okay." I say tilting my head up and back to look at him. He leans down and kisses me then goes with Sam to start cleaning. I can hear them talking in a low voice as the move around the kitchen straightening things up, but I can't make out what their saying. I finish with the dishes about the same time they finish straightening everything up. I walk up to them and they stop talking. "Whatcha talking about?" I ask. "Just the median." Sam says. I don't believe him, but I'm not gonna bug them about it. I honestly don't really care. "I need to shower. You'll probably be gone by the time I get out so I'll see later." Colby says looking at me. "Oh okay. I'll see you around four or something." I say. He steps up to me and kisses me then walks off. "So?" I say looking at Sam. "Uh?" He says before we both laugh.