Connected by the soul Chapter 9

I see Alex pass by the window. I immediately turn away towards Colby. This can't be happening, there's no way he's here. That's not possible. That had to just be my mind playing a trick on me. I look back and there's no one there. Oh thank god. Colby looks at me concerned. "Are you okay?" He asks. I sigh. "Yeah, I'm fine I just th..." Alex comes walking up to Colby and I. "Bri?" He says surprised, with a hint of anger in his voice. I wrap my arm around Colby's arm and squeeze his hand.  He looks at me kind of confused but holds my hand firmly. "What is this who your with now?" Alex asks. I suck in a breath and nod. I know we're not technically dating, but I just want Alex to leave. Alex looks at Colby. "Watch out with this one, she doesn't know her place some times and can't take a good hit." "Excuse me." Colby says, getting really angry. "What don't tell me your soft." Alex retorts. A tear streams down my face as Colby tries to get up, but I hold onto his hand trying to keep him from fighting. Colby turns toward me and his eyes immediately soften as he wipes the tear that got away. "No I'm just a decent man." Colby scoffs toward Alex. "You settled for a little bitch Bri, too bad." Alex scoffs back. I see Colby's jaw clench. "Your right Alex. I should have never settled for you back then." I say with an ice cold tone. I see Colby's jaw relax and a small smile appear on his face.  "You've really gotten out of place now!" He says taking a step closer. "Don't you dare try to touch her." Colby demands. "Oh what, is the pussy gonna try to leave a scratch?" He mimics. Colby pulls his arm out of mine and stands up getting up in Alex's face. "Colby please, not here." I beg. He looks back at me and Alex swings, Colby moves out the way barely dodging it. "That was a cheap shot. Figures for someone like you." Colby says before cocking his fist back and punching Alex straight in the face. I hear a crack when Colby makes the connection, and see Alex's nose busted up and bleeding, once he pulls back. "You bitch." Alex says before tumbling back a bit. "How's that for a scratch." Colby says with a smirk. I can't help, but to laugh. Alex walks out holding his nose and dripping blood. He looked pissed and I'd honestly be scared as shit right now if it wasn't for Colby, but instead I'm trying to hold back my laughs. A lady who worked behind the counter came up to us. Shit now we can't eat here though. "Excuse me." She says. We both look at her, knowing what's gonna happen next. "Listen I know that guys seemed like a real dick, but it's still mandatory, for me to ask you to leave." She says in a soft voice. At least she was nice about it. "Yeah, figures." Colby chuckles. I grab my purse from the booth and pull out a twenty. "Here can you give this to whoever has to clean that up and tell them were sorry." I say, handing her the money. "Yeah, no problem." She says with a sweet and appreciative smile. Before we leave Colby asks the lady if were banned. "Just for the day." She smiles. With that we walk out. "Thank God." He laughs as we make our way out. "What?" I ask. "I don't know what'd I'd do without Tender Greens." He says with a sigh. "Really?" I ask sarcastically with a laugh. "Where do you even wanna go now?" I ask. "Well today is Friday. So my friend Sam usually host a game night slash pizza night or whatever. I was thinking we can grab some Taco Bell, eat and talk, then go to that." "Sounds simple enough." I smile. Colby begins to twist a ring on his finger. "I know it doesn't sound like much of a date though." He says. "It sounds perfect." I say grabbing his hand and locking it with mine. There's a taco bell across the street, so we just walk there to avoid having to find new parking. We walk over to taco bell and order, before sitting down and talking.