Connected by the soul: chapter 15

I look around the corner to make sure Colby is gone then back to Sam. "Okay, I need an honest answer on something." I say looking at Sam. "Um okay." Sam agrees. "What were you and Colby really talking about?" I say. Honestly I started thinking about it and now I really want to know. "Oh." Sam laughs. "Nothing bad. I promise." He assures me. "Okay good. Then spill it." I say. "I shouldn't. Colby might kill me if you bring it up." Sam says stroking his fingers through his hair. I laugh a little at the thought of how close Sam and Colby are. They even have some of the same habits. "Come on. I won't even mention it. Pleaaaassseeee." I beg, while making my eyes go as wide as the can and I try putting a soft look on my face. "Okay fine." Sam gives in. "Yessss." I let out. "Your just like Kat." he sighs. "Well duh. That's my best friend. Where do you think she got it from." I laugh. "He just really loves you that's all." Sam says. "He loves me." I repeat in shock. "Yeah. He never looked at anyone the way he looks at you, he won't shut up about you, even after I ask him to five times. And he finally admitted it to me and to himself." Sam says meeting my gaze. I become teary eyed. "I knew I would say to much. Please don't tell him. I didn't want to freak you out. I know you guys just met." Sam almost begs. "It's okay Sam. I don't know how yet, but I love him too." I hear footsteps coke over to me. "Shit." Sam whispers. "What?" I whisper frantically and wipe my tears. I feel Colby's hand turn me around. "Are you okay?" He asks before hugging me and rubbing my back. "What happened?" Colby asks Sam. "Uh man. I um. I told her." Sam says. "What?" Colby says before frantically trying to explain himself. "Bri. I didn't mean it like that. Well I did, but we don't have to move that fast I understand if you don't feel that way. You don't have to. I just..." He says rambles looking at me. I laugh at how nervous he became. "I love you." I say looking in his eyes. "You do. Waite your not worried. Your not leaving. I mean I love you too." Colby continues to ramble and runs his fingers through his hair. I laugh again and grab his hand. He instantly stops talking and looks at me. "You good?" I ask. "Yeah. It's just... Nevermind." He says. "No you have to tell me now." I complain. "I was just gonna say your touch calms me, that's all." Colby says looking down at our hands. "Looks like we have the same effects on one another." I say in a soft voice with a smile. "Good." He smiles. "Awkward." Sam says. "Oops I forgot you were even there." I laugh. "Yeah I decided to say something, before I ended up seeing to much." Sam says then pretends like he's gonna puke. "Shut up." I laugh. "Okay, but really I need to go home and get ready for the day. Tara is still asleep though. Damn she never sleeps this much." I say. "Believe me. She and Jake were up all night. They won't be up anytime soon. I surprised I got any sleep." Sam says. "Gross. Now I have to take Uber." I say. "I'll take you." Colby offers. "Really? Thank youuuu." I say sat smiling. "I'm happy to help." Colby smiles back. "Gross." Sam laughs. "Whatever. Your just jealous." I laugh. "I'm leaving." Sam says then walks away. "Okay let's go." Colby says. "Mkay." I agree and follow him out to his car. We drive to my house and get out of the car. I go inside my house and Colby goes to the couch. "No. I need to get ready. Come one were going to my room." I laugh. "I like where this is headed." Colby laughs. "Oh my God. No I didn't mean it like that." I say as I feel my head heat up. "Let's just go." I say in a shy tone walking to my room. I open the door and waite there for him to come in. "What a shame." Colby says passing me by and walking into the room. "Stop playing. I just need help chosing an outfit and what clothes to bring on trip." I say looking back up.