Connected by the soul: chapter 29

"Do you want to talk about your dream?" Colby says. "No, but I probably should." I say, trying to keep my voice steady enough to talk. "What is it? Was it that bad?" Colby asks, rubbing my arm. I nod my head, wanting to cry even more just thinking about it. It's honestly taking everything in me right now not to. "Colby it was really bad. Alex was in it and so were you, but there was also a little girl there trying to help me. It all felt so real. I... I thought I died." I say, feeling the tears start to fall. "God I sound kind of crazy." I say with a small laugh, trying to keep myself from crying more. "No you don't. Nightmares can get really bad. Believe me I know." Colby says, wiping the tears that started forming in my eyes away. I softly smile and grab his hand before it can leave my face, wanting to feel the comfort of his touch. He smiles back and cups my face. "Don't worry I'm right here." He says, leaning his forehead against mines. I lightly nod my head, feeling a few more tears fall. "Promise?" I say pulling away, holding onto his hands. "Always. I promise." He softly smiles. "Colby... He abused me. He was gonna rape me." I say letting out a quiet sob. Colby immediately pulls me next to him and holds onto me. "Baby. You don't have to tell me, unless you want to." He says rubbing my back and swaying me side to side. "But in my dream. A little girl, her name was Autumn. She helped me. She brought you to me. She saved me, but then I drowned." I say, before realizing that I'm probably not making any sense. "Sorry. That doesn't make sense." I say pulling way. "It's okay." He says. "It started with you and I. We were on the beach just messing around. I thought I heard a girl calling for help, but I wasn't sure. You told me it was nothing so I stayed and we we're just messing around in the water. Then I heard it again though. The girl sounded scared, so I left. You didn't follow me, you didn't even want me going. Once I found her she sounded so scared. She said she lost them. When I asked who, she just said everybody. She was really sweet, she was just a child. I promised to take care of her, so I told her she could come with you and I. I took her to where you were standing in the water so we can grab our stuff and go. I called out to you, you smiled and called me over. She told me not to trust you, that it wasn't you. Of course I thought she just didn't know you. You had the same beautiful smile and voice. I mean it was you. She told me she couldn't go in the water so I told her that I'd just go get you. When I walked into the water you were flirting with me, but it was different than usual. You wouldn't stop then you gripped around my wrist, squeezing them. You wouldn't let go, and your voice became demanding. Then..." I stop and cover my mouth, trying to stop sobs from coming out, as tears stream down my face. I see Colby looking at me concerned and his eyes look red and strained like he was trying not to cry. "Colby it wasn't you, it was Alex." I say letting out a sob, against my will. Colby squeezes on to me in a tight hug. He does it to comfort me, but I think it was for him too. I felt bad telling him. I know he never wants to see me in pain. I pull away to talk, but instead of any words, another sob comes out instead. I really don't know if I can do this. I shut my eyes and take in deep and shaky breaths, preparing myself to speak again. "His hands went to my hips. I tried pushing him away, but he was to strong. I told him. I told him that you actually loved me, but he wouldn't believe me. He thought I was stupid for believing that anyone could. He called me different slurs and a broken used up doll." I say feeling a pit of emptiness grow in stomach. "Colby I tried to pull away, but he forced me to kiss him. I tried keeping my mouth closed. He threatened to knock me out and rape me." I cry. "But then you came." Autumn brought you to me. The real you. She saved me. You came running to us. Alex became furious. The thing I forgot to mention is Autumn said she'd die if she went in the water. Before you could reach me, someone pushed her in. The water arose and a wave washed over us. Everyone disappeared. I was left alone trying to reach the surface, trying to keep from drowning. I finally saw the surface my hand reaches the top and broke through the water, but it was too late. I drowned. I woke up in a black space. I remember thinking I almost made it." I start to cry heavier. "I almost did, but a voice reminds me that I didn't. That's when I woke up." I say. "Colby. I didn't escape. I didn't live. I lost everyone and everything, because I was to weak. Colby I lost you." I cry. "You didn't. Bri you didn't lose me. I'm right here." Colby says hugging me as tears fall down his face. I just sit there crying into his shoulder for a good thirty minutes, before my breathing gets slow and I become tired. I don't want to sleep here, but I can see Colby becoming tired to, and there's no where else to go so I do. We fall asleep for the hour and a half we have left before three.