Connected by the soul: chapter 26

"Yeah. Why would it open for us to leave through the emergency exit." Sam says. "Like Kat said. I just want to leave." I say. We start walking and when we get to the floor under us the door is locked. After we get down to the next floor the door is still locked. "The camera's about to die." Colby says. "Okay we'll turn it back on when we get to the room." Sam says. Colby turns off the camera and we continue walking. We get down all the way to the second floor before the door is finally unlocked. We finally walk out into the second floor and take a left all the way down the hall, where the elevators are. I click the arrow pointing up and we wait for the elevator to arrive. It doesn't take long and we all step inside. "My legs are killing me." I say. "I know mine too." Colby says. "Same." Kat agrees as the doors close. Me being me and giving zero fucks, I just sit down on the elevator floor. "Bri... What if someone comes in. We still have to go up the rest of the floors?" Kat says. "Then someone comes in. Leave me alone I'm tired." I laugh. "She has a point." Colby says sitting down next to me and wrapping his arm around me. I turn to him and smile before giving him a quick kiss. "Fine. Count me in." Kat laughs before sitting down across from us. The three of us sit down the rest of the way up, Jake eventually joined us in sitting down, but Sam and Corey stayed standing. No one came in through the whole ride up. I'm not surprised, not many people are willing to stay in a haunted hotel unless it's popular. We all get out of the elevator and walk to our hotel room. Everyone is silent until we get inside. "So are we just not gonna talk about what just happened?" I asks. "It's not that I don't want to talk about it. I just don't know what to say." Colby answer. "Yeah. Even for us that was insane." Sam says. "We'll we should charge the camera fkr now and we'll pick up with the seance, because honestly I don't know either." Jake says. "Yeah." Colby agrees. He turns on the camera and starts talking. "I'm gonna make this quick because the camera is about to die. We're back in the room and honestly we don't even understand what just happened. Maybe we'll call on whatever it was at the seance, but I mean you guys saw what happened. It's on camera. I really don't know how to explain it, so... I don't know. We're gonna charge the camera and we'll be back at three for the seance." He says before turning the camera off then digging in his back pack for the charger he plugs in the camera. "Are you sure we have to do the seance?" Kat asks. "We'll of course you don't have to, but don't you want to know who or what that was? Maybe it'll reveal itself. Personally I just want an answer." Sam says. "I guess your right." She says looking down. Sam hugs her. "It'll be okay. I promise. If one thing goes wrong we're stopping it." He says. "Okay." She says hugging him back. We decide to all just watch tv and relax until three. "Oh my God. I just realized!" Jake exclaims, making us jump. "What?" I ask concerned. "Oh sorry. I just realized. What if the ghost tried kicking us out because Bri and Colby, said they were gonna have sex here. I mean I would do the same if I was a ghost." Jake laughs. "Shut up." Colby says, throwing a pillow at him. "Ow." Jake laughs, even though it didn't hurt him. "Shut up. Colby and I already agreed that was a bad idea, don't make me change my mind." I say. "Waite. I never agreed it was a bad idea." Colby says looking at me and pulling me closer to him. "Oh well..." I laugh blushing. "IT'S A BAD IDEA." The rest of the group says at the same time. "Okay. We get it." I laugh, looking away from Colby and to the group. "Then act like it. If I'm gonna get scared it's gonna be from a ghost, not Colby's pasty ghost colored legs." Corey says. "Well I don't mind seeing that, but only when when it's just him and I." Jake jokes, while winking at Colby. "Gross. Point proven. Now I know hoe you guys feel. I'll stop." I laugh. "Oh uh? Yeah... I was... proving a point. I totally didn't mean it." Jake winks. "Shut up." I laugh. "She's jealous." Kat laughs. "I am not. Surprised maybe, but not jealous." I laugh. "Mhm sure..." Kat says, before laughing along with everyone. "Whatever. I'm going to sleep in the room updtairs." I say before getting up and walking away. "Good. Leave Colby to me." Jake calls out to me. "You can have him." I joke flipping then off, without turning back. I walk up the stairs and into the room before closing the door and laying in bed.