Connected by the soul: chapter 25

We walk out the room and look tour around the hotel. "This was the ball room, they use it on special occasions only now." Colby says to the camera, as we walk into a big room with tables against the wall and a big open area. "Wow, it's so nice in here." I say, looking around. "Your easy to impress." Colby laughs. "Yeah. She's dating you." Jake laughs out right after. We all start laughing, except Colby. Colby just gives Jake a death glare, but that just made it funnier. Eventually even Colby started laughing. "Waite? Are we allowed to be in here?" Corey asks. "Well the door was unlocked and I didn't see a sign telling us not to be here." Sam says. "Yeah, but I just realized Colby said himself that this place is only used for special occasions." Corey says, making a good point. "I guess your right. We'll just take a quick look around then leave." Colby says. "Fine, but if we get kicked out I won't mind, it just means no seance and no haunted hotel." Corey says, as we walk further into the room and arrive at a door. It probably leads to the kitchen or something. We stoped in front of it and Jake tried pulling the door open, but it's locked. "Dang. Oh well. Let's go back." Sam says. "Oh by the way, if wr got kicked out we would still do the seance at the beach. Possibly camp out there." Sam says. "Oh hell no. I'd rather be here. There's absolutely no winning with you guys." Corey says. We get to the front door that we came in from. Sam pulls it, but it won't open. "That's not funny. Open it." I say thinking it's a joke. "No I can't. It's locked." He says. I go up and pull the door. "Oh my god. Your not lying." I say, as I start to freak out internally. "But that's impossible." Colby says. "Clearly not." Sam says, sounding just as freaked out as I feel. "Okay calm down. Like Corey said maybe we weren't supposed to be in here. Maybe a worker closed it or locked it, thinking that it wasn't supposed open." Jake says, but I can tell he's trying to keep himself calm too. "That still doesn't make sense. They would have made sure no one was in here. Plus we we're laughing or talking the whole time, and it's not like we trying to be particularly quiet or anything. If it was a worker someone would have noticed and told us to leave first." Colby says. "You guys I have a bad feeling about this." Corey says. "Maybe they were trying to teach us a lesson or something." Kat says in a slightly shaky tone. I think Sam heard it too, because he went over to her and wrapped his arm around her to comfort her. Somehow that calmed me down a little, knowing Kat had someone who cared about her almost as much, if nit as much ad I did. I was still freaking out though. I took in a deep breath and slowly let it out, trying to steady out my breath. Colby must have noticed how stressed I was because he grabbed my hand and pulled me toward him. I look at him and give him a small smile. Then I lool back to the group. Right as I turn my head I hear a click. "Did you hear that?" I immediately ask. "No." Sam and Kat both say. Colby looks at me kind of concerned, but shakes his head no. "I heard it." Jake says. "I think I heard something, but I'm not sure." Corey says. "What was it?" Colby asks. "Like a small noise." Corey says. "It was like a clicking sound." I say. "Yeah!" Both Jake and Corey say in unison. "If all three of us heard it, maybe the camera got it too." I say. "A click...The door." Sam says, pointing to it. Corey steps up to it and pulls the handle. "Nope still locked." Corey says. "Maybe it was from one of the rooms outside." Kat says. "Waite what about the door back there." I say pointing to the door we went to earlier. "Oh yeah." Sam says. "Well it's worth a shot." Colby says. "If it doesn't work, I'm really going to just scream for help or bang on the doors. No joke." Corey says. "Yeah. I'll help." I nervously laugh out. We get to the door and I turn the knob and pull ot open. "Oh my god." I whisper out, scared. "I don't know if it's scarier that it opened or if wouldn't have opened?" Jake says. "I don't know, but I just want to get out of here. Let's go." Kat says. We all go out and to just see stairs leading down to each floor. "This must have been the emergency exit." Colby says.