Part 5

In the end it took me hours to lay the tickets in order. The second I was done Levi stood beside me.
"Are you done yet?" He asked. His big eyes were barely clear trough his fogged up glasses. He didn't wait for answer before dragging me by the sleeve to the staff room. Half of the crew was already there. Waiting for a big meeting. This was going to be a painful meeting. One I didn't want to be in. I pushed myself to the background of the group. My back against the wall. I didn't want to be seen. Being seen was a terrible idea. It meant volunteering to be chosen to do things. Meant being seen. 

"Good we are all here," Mosley started. I barely saw him. He was always hidden in a office or on some trip to make a deal. He might be the boss, but Spike ruled everything around here. I tried my best to not listen to what was being said. There would be important people. I already knew that. I saw their names on the tickets. They would have to think this was the best place ever. My mind wasn't with the conversation. It trailed back to the guy. That one from before. He looked really handsome, but that wasn't what intimated me the most. I couldn't put my fingers on it, but there was something. It was different. He said he would be here tonight. Was he really going to come? Was he one of those 'important' people? I wondered how the conversation was going if I had spoken more. Had one word changed how it ended? Had one more sentence.. just one more.. would it have changed anything? I was going crazy in my own mind. Scene after scene played in my mind. What would he be like? Was he maybe allergic to milk products? Did he like meat? Would he enjoy some sweets? What if he was a psychopath? One of those guys who had heads in his fridge and brains in jars..

"Cove. Please tell me you didn't hide in your mind while Mosley was explaining things." Spark appeared beside me. I looked up to find the whole room slowly becoming empty. I couldn't answer her. I would be lying and that was worse than the truth.  

"Lucky for you, you have me. Just do your work and i'll sell those cookies of yours." Spark smiled and walked away. She was cheerful. In a scary way. She was sad. Probably doing everything to hide it. This night was everything to a lot of these people. For me this was just another night. For Spark this was something else. She did acting. I wondered why she never did an audition, but I also understood. For her being on stage.. It was the same for me just being me. Terrifying.