Part 21

I sat myself down in one of the chairs. They had taken Oakley to some room I wasn't welcome in. That didn't bother me. They knew what they were doing. I couldn't help with that. I was tired and so seem to be the people around me. A guy sat in the corner with his friends. They were pretty drunk. The friend had a cut above his eye, but did not seemed bothered by it. They were probably waiting on another friend.. A lady sat before me. She had a baby with her. The baby had bright cheeks and would cough every now and then. A brand new mother who was probably scared. A guy was standing by the coffee machine. He was texting someone with a surprising speed. I wondered if they were as tired as I was. There was a small television with the news on. Some stupid news that was. I leaned my head against the wall. Maybe being here wasn't the worse thing.

x---x

I woke up by someone shaking my shoulders. The lights were much brighter than before. The people who had sat around me were all gone. I had no clue I had fell asleep in a open place like this.

"About time you woke up." I heard someone laughing. It was a nurse. She sat beside me. I turned to look around, but I found no Oakley anywhere.

"If you are wondering, he is alright. He was pretty annoying at first, but we made a deal and he is alright now." She said. She had a clipboard in her hands. She wasn't a nurse. She was a doctor. And by the looks of it a pretty good one.

"Where is he?" I dared ask. She looked tired, like me. I heard it in her voice.

"He fell asleep a few minutes ago. It was hard to find you." She smiled and got up. It was almost a sign to follow her. So I did. We walked through a line of curtains. Some were open, some closed. We ended up by on that was open. Oakley was in a chair leaning to open side. His injured hand in his lap. The other one supporting his head.

"He is probably in a lot of pain right now. We couldn't give him any painkillers because we didn't know how much alcohol he had." She reached in her pocket. A small bottle appeared in her hand.

"Make sure he takes those when the stuff is out of his body." She said, reaching in her other pocket. "Make sure he takes these when he wakes up. We saw in his blood he hasn't been taking them." She handed me the other bottle. It had a smile sticker on it. It made me giggle a little until I saw what the bottle was meant for. I should really write down what she just said..

"Can you make sure he takes them? Please?" How am I going to tell her I mean nothing to him?

"I'll try my best. That is all I can do." I said putting the bottles in my pocket. "Now how am I going to take this to his home?" I made it as a joke and she knew it.

"You can also leave him here anytime. We had a great laugh about him over lunch."