Part 6

The evening was going great so far. People picked up their tickets and went straight to Spark for a drink. Some immediately bought merchandise or snacks. The real ones. The show was about to start. I had a handful of tickets left. These people were coming. I was sure of it. They had to. Maybe they were still waiting outside.. A feeling shot trough my back. I was being looked at. In a creepy way. I tried my best not to look up, but something called me to do it. My eyes traced along the crowd. There were so many bodies standing around. This is how it always should be. My eyes landed on someone. A familiar face. Right before me stood the guy from this morning. Still beautiful. There was a thing different about him. He looked more.. just more. Somehow. I placed the leftover tickets back in the box. There he was. Right before me. Had he spotted me? He walked over stopping by the counter. He had seen me..

"Hey." He leaned against the counter. In the total cool way. Not the way Spike did it. He looked so different. He had changed clothes since this morning. It looked good on him. I wasn't going to lie about that. "Told you I would see you again." He smiled. There it was. A holy smile. He had been right indeed. We would have met again. And I couldn't be more happy about it. There was a silence between us. Come on Cove.. Talk!

"Yeah." I smiled back at him. It was simple. Short. Good job Cove! You did that! Now keep going.. 

"So you work here." He looked around. Something in his eyes was different. He looked at spots no other person would look at. Had he been here before? 

"Just ticket work." I lifted the ticket box a little to show him. He might have looked at it. He focused his eyes back on me. 

"Well lucky me. At least you are not one of those actresses." He said it as if he had said it everyday. 

"Is that such a bad thing then?" I dared to continue. Why was it so easy to talk to him? I was struggling with the ones close to me.. with him, I almost seemed normal. There was nothing strange. 

"You have no idea." He seemed sure of something. Like a secret. I focused back on the tickets. There was nothing for me to say. Some spark in the back of my head told me to stop talking. Specially to him. I couldn't describe it. Not yet. 

"You really have no idea who I am?" He tried to get my attention back. His eyes looked hopeful. As if I really had any idea.

"Should I?" I shot back. The words just came out. I didn't try to sound rude, But it happened. He didn't care much for it. He didn't even flinch at the words. All he did was stare. Right at me. At first I didn't care for it, but after a few seconds I felt uncomfortable. 

"What?" I asked, my attention full on him. I tried my best to see past his eyes. See what he was hiding. And try my best to be intimidating. 

"I can't believe you have no idea who I am." He almost laughed the words at me. I didn't really care anymore. He was turning into someone with an attitude. Something I wasn't interested in. He was turning into a 'you have to know me. All because I am famous' person. All I had expected in my head turned to dust and was replaced by a view of him using his name to get things. 

"I am-."

"Are you coming Oakley?"