Part 12

I should have taken that stupid brat his jumper. Inside was even colder than it was outside. I pushed myself to ignore the cold. We were inside before the play started. I couldn't focus. The cold was killing me and I was slowly growing hungry. The first half was over before we knew it. The venue grew colder with people moving to get to the toilet or to get a snack. Every movement brought cold breezes. 

"I will get you something warmer. Maybe a snack as well." Before I could mention something she was gone. I was left alone in the seat. The stage looked empty from up here. I was happy to see the show, but the cold was a big warning for me. Was it this cold at the play I was working for? Were people cold there as well? All I was doing was praying in silence. Please let him not find me up here.. I just want to see this without him bothering me. Why was he bothering me at first and than being so nice? Why had he tried to offer his jumper in the first place? He didn't know me.. But again.. I didn't know he ether.. All I knew was that he was a brat. A famous one. One that was trying his best to look good in others eyes. I slowly prayed the show would start again soon. Not because I was hating it, but because I wanted to see the actors again. They were so good. I wondered if Spark had seen that as well. She might look at the play completely different. I might need to ask her later.. A hand on my shoulder made me jump up out of my mind. 

"You really are freezing." Spark stood beside me. She might have been there for a good few seconds. She was holding a jumper wit the logo across the front. It looked warm, big and welcoming. 

"Sorry it took so long. I asked if they could place it close to the heater for a few." She helped me into the jumper. The warmth welcomed me. It was a big fluffy blanket against my cold skin. 

"That is so much better. Thank you." I sat back down. The jumper was probably the best thing ever. I could survive a couple of hours like this. 

"Also brought snacks." Spark pushed some snacks in my lap. "I completely forgot to tell you, but the cookies you made were a big hit." Spark mentioned with a mouth full of gummy bears. 

"You are joking right?" I asked digging between the snacks. 

"Not at all. They were sold out before act one started."