Part 16

We were greeted by a big group of people in a huge space. Eyes were all pointed at us. At our hands. What I noticed immediately was how many girls were here. I lost count after twelve. They all looked shocked at me.

"Follow me." Oakley whispered. I didn't want to follow him. To nothing, but I knew I had to. He owed me. And I could really use that. Specially against him. Oakley pulled me trough the big crowd to a small kitchen in the back. There were even more people here. I noticed some guys. I had seen them before. The were at the play! Were they into this idea too? Maybe they were.. Maybe it was their idea..

"Good to see you. And whoever you took." The shortest of them said. He nodded to me. I didn't care, but it felt wrong. Did they think I was a thing to him? Was I a thing to him? I felt Oakley squeeze my hand.

"Guys meet Cove. The girl I have been talking about." Wait.. What did he just say? The group looked at me. Their eyes.. Everyone was looking at me.

"So she does exist." The tallest one said. The one next to him wasn't bothered. His eyes were clued to his phone. He was typing away like a crazy person. I knew there was going to be one guy who had seen me in the line. He would know this all is fake. Oakley would fall right trough his own lie. But that friend was nowhere to be seen. Arms were wrapped around me from behind. My feet were slightly off the group while I was lifted. A shock went trough me.

"Let her go!" Oakley yelled. My feet immediately found the ground again. The arms were gone as fast as they had appeared.

"She doesn't like that." Oakley pulled me to his other side. I was now standing between him and a counter where some empty cups stood. How had he known? Even Spark had not picked that up the first time we had met.

"You really knew how to hide her." His friend who had stood behind me laughed. Probably the funny one in the group. I already found him annoying. Oakley held no distance. His arm was leaning against the counter behind me. He had me locked between him and his friends. There was no way for me to get out.

"She is a hard worker. Always busy. You can learn something from her." Oakley spoke relaxed. This was how he probably was around his friends. That was probably how he was. A person of many sides..