Part 15

The streets flashed passed us. Where we were going wasn't close. There was a silence between us. I thought it was slightly awkward. Not my thing, but I had nothing to say to him. The cab came to a stop. I wanted to be out of this thing as fast as possible, but I knew I couldn't leave Spark asleep in here. My hand reached for Spark. Ready to wake her from her peaceful sleep. A hand grabbed mine. Oakley had stopped me before I could wake her. My eyes shot to him.

"Let her sleep. I'll let someone bring her inside. There she can sleep without being disturbed." Before he could continue the door was pulled open. A guy twice Oakley size stood there. Probably a bodyguard. He was scary, but maybe he could be nice? Right?

"Can you bring her to the spare bedroom. The nice blue one. She would love that." Oakley said. He pulled me out of the cab. We were rushed inside by a group of people. I couldn't see their faces. Or the place around me. All I saw were big doors. We were at some appartement building. And there were a lot of people inside.

"Where are we?" I asked while I was being pulled. We were rushed to an elevator. The doors closed behind us and everything seemed more quite. I felt something warm against my wrist. There was nothing to complain about, but I still had to remember I didn't like him. I pulled my hand free from his. He immediately reacted to it. He grabbed my hand again. This time a little harder.

"Stop grabbing my hand." I squeezed his hand hard. There was hope in me he might let my hand go this way. He thought different of it.

"Just act with me and I own you one." He turned to me. His eyes weren't ice cold anymore. They were different. Scared. As hell. What did I get myself into? This wasn't what I was planning.. This wasn't the brat I had made fun of on the side of a theater. What was going on?

"You own me to tell me what the hell is going on? One second you hate me and now you need me for a favor. What is going on?" I tried to free my hand, but he held on tight. There was something wrong.. Before I could object or hit him the metal doors before me opened. And I immediately knew what he had asked of me..