Part 24

I woke up again hours later by another loud sound. There was another person at my door. This time I wasn't in a hurry to check. Spark was the only person who cared to come by and she would come up without calling the doorbell downstairs. I got up, took a fast shower and changed clothes. Something more comfortable. Something better than last nights clothes. I threw them in my room. Not caring. They reminded me of him. They had probably smelled of him if I hadn't walked in the wind this morning. The loud sound echoed through my head again. Someone wasn't giving up to come upstairs. I was thinking of pulling out the ringer. Cut the cables to it. I wouldn't need it anyway. The sound stopped, but another sound started again. My house phone. Old school, but no one I didn't know had the number. I rushed to the phone picking it up. The other end of the line was silent. Long silent. Then a voice came.

"Open your door. You have a lot of explaining to do." I barely recognized the voice. It could be Oakley. Or Spike. Or some strange guy. I had no idea. The voice sounded tired. I couldn't tell who it really was. I hung op the phone and turned to the window. There was no chance I was going to see who it was. The window was covered with rain. Whoever was downstairs was probably lucky standing under the patio. I decided to take a leap of faith and opened the door.

"Please just be Spike." I mumbled to myself. My hope was on him for some reason. I opened the door for the person who was about to come up. I sat back down. I was still tired, but now fully awake. How long had I slept for? Maybe it was still the same day. The door made a loud sound as it was pushed open. I hoped it didn't make a whole in the wall. That was defiantly not Spike or Spark. I turned to be surprised by him. He looked different. A side I hadn't seen. Not even in one of roles in a movie. He rushed in, not bothering to close the door behind him. A tall man I had seen before followed him and closed the door behind him.

"What happend?!" He almost screamed the words at me. He rushed to my side and held my face in his hands. It was the most strange thing that he had done.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. My voice sounded dry suddenly. It sounded fine two seconds ago.

"Are you mad? I have been worried sick about you!" He turned my head to sides to look at me completely. I rolled my eyes. He was doing the same thing as a doctor. He was looking if I was alright.

"Oakley I am fine. There is nothing to worry about." I said. I pushed his hands off my face. There was nothing wrong with me. He didn't realize that. He on the other hand looked horrible. His hair was tangled and he had dark circles under his eyes. He wasn't dressed as fancy as I knew him to be.

"Nothing to worry about? You haven't been to work the past three days. Of course there is something to worry about." My eyes shot to the floor beside him. Three days? Had time passed that fast? Was I overworked or something?

"But Spark was here a few hours ago." Oakley immediately shook his head at my words. I was wrong. She hadn't been her hours ago.

"She was here two days ago. Stay here. I will get someone." He said even more worried than before. Had I slept so long?