Part 14

It took seconds before Spark was off to sleep. She was out like a light. The cab was warm. She had been right about getting in. I took off my jumper and placed it over her. She would wake soon. It only took her a few minutes to sleep in a car. I sat back in my seat and stared out of the window. There wasn't much to see. Dark streets, some lights and a lot of rain. I couldn't focus on things outside. Not with him gazing at me. With those cold eyes.

"Can you stop looking at me like that. It is creepy." I couldn't hold myself back. There was a silence between us. One were he continued to gaze at me.

"It is hard not to look." He broke the silence. There wasn't anything I could say to that. For me it had a dubbel meaning. I should not care about these things. He was an actor. And a good one. If he could act nice and still hate me, no one would notice.

"It is still creepy." I snapped back. My eyes focused back on the road. To my shocking conclusion I didn't recognized the road. Then it hit me. I hadn't told him where we had to go. I never told him my place. And Spark was out before she had said another word. He had no clue where we were suppose to go.

"Where are we going?" I dared ask. He might not answer. I focused on him. My eyes meeting his.

"Your place." He said it in a teasing way. As if. He was not going to see where I lived.

"I never said where I lived. Brat." I saw how he rolled at the word 'brat'. It probably annoyed him as much as he annoyed me.

"We are going to make a small stop before you are going home." He turned to look out the window. It was still raining, but I didn't care. All I cared about was where we were going to end up. Now I was sure. We were going to die. He was going to kill us after this cab drive. I pushed the thought away from me.

"Why are you suddenly acting nice?" I leaned back, crossing my arms. He focused back on me.

"Suddenly?" He was on the edge of laughing out loud. I could tell. "I am the one that bought you that jumper. I left the first act early to put it on a heater and try to find your friend. She was in on the plan." My heart stopped for a second. I should have known.. "Also your cookies. They were a great hit right? One picture on the socials and anyone would have bought them in seconds." He said it as if it was nothing. As if i was some doll to play with.

"Why?" It was a simple question. One he could answer so easily. Instead he kept looking out the window when he spoke.

"When I know.. You will be the first I will tell."