Part 11

Was he still there? I couldn't help but look beside me. He was still standing there. His mouth slightly open. His eyes focused. Almost scary. He was still looking at me. With those cold eyes. One of his friends came to him.

"Come on man. We can't go inside without you." He said. Everyone around me could have heard that. Pathetic. His friends needed him to get inside. Those weren't really his friends right? Oakley didn't move. It surprised me. Why wasn't he just going with his friends? Why stay in the same spot? The line moved again. I moved two steps forward. There was a shaking in my knees when I moved them. Was this adrenaline? From the corner of my eyes I noticed Oakley shaking his head and moving a couple of steps to the side. He was next to me again. This time he wasn't just standing there. He made a movement I couldn't describe very well. In a swift movement he pulled off the jumper he was wearing and held it before me. I crossed my arms looking at it.

"Take it." He sounded demanding. I wasn't going to take it. Everything in my cold body told me to take it. I was freezing. But my mind. It said not to take anything from someone like him. The people around me were whispering again. Louder this time. They were talking about me for sure.. All because this brat was doing something nice. I wasn't having it.

"Take it. You are slowly turning blue and it isn't any better inside." He pushed the jumper closer to me. I tried my best to ignore him. He wasn't going to get to me.

"That is so nice of him." A girl before me whispered. So that is why he was doing it.. To look good in the eyes of others. I grabbed Spark her arm and switched places. He couldn't get between Spark and the wall next to me.

"Just leave it mate. We need to get inside." His friend pulled him away. Might need to thank him for that one day. I tried my best not to look at him. Tried better to not listen to the people around me whispering and looking at me. I wasn't going to let this get to me. He was just another person. One who wanted to look good in the eye of the public.

"I'll buy something when we get inside." Spark whispered to me. That idea brought more happiness to me than actually remember that we were going to see this play.

"We need to get inside first. They might want to hurry up before the show starts without us." I whispered back.