Part 7

Oakley. That name said something to me. There wasn't anything clicking. Yet. I had watched him leave. He was gone. Watching the show. Levi and Spike rushed to me the second the last guest left. I was bombed with questions. There was no way to follow them. There was nothing for me to pick up on. Spark came to my rescue. She jumped between us and pulled me away from my safe space.

"So who was he?" She smiled while we walked. Her arm hooked around mine. She had waited until we were somewhere quiet. Somewhere not a lot of people would just walk in. I had to tell her. She was the only one I could trust in anyway.

"Some guy I saw this morning. He had an attitude. I don't know what to think of him." That was all I could tell her. She stopped walking. With her hooked arm she stopped me from walking. She looked scared. As if I told her I just saw a ghost.

"What?" I stopped in my tracks. She stood compleet silent for a second.

"This is the reason you gave that attitude this morning.. Today is the most you ever talked. Is it because of that guy?" She whispered. It almost seemed to be to herself, but she was talking to me.

"I guess so. I was talking to him before he was asked away by someone." I kept walking. Was this indeed the most I had talked to anyone? We walked to the meeting room. Maybe it was time for a break. I wasn't going to lie. Pulling a all-nighter was the worse idea I had in years..

x----x

The intermission was coming and Spark had asked me to help her. I had stood behind her part a few times, but never at intermission. I pushed myself to do it. This day was going to be mine!

"Just fill in the empty spaces for me. I'll do the rest. I'll give you a sign when to stop." Spark said. There were going to be a lot of people coming and she needed my help to fill in the empty spaces. I was happy to help out. My hands rushed between boxes. Shirts, snacks and programs. They all went from my hands straight to the shelf. In seconds they were gone. I had no idea how Spark had all that strength in her to keep up. She must be slowly dying out there. Getting so much orders. It was a miracle she didn't mess up.. Speed was a really good thing around here.

I was tapped on the back. Stop. That was my sign. I dropped the last shirt back into the box. The boxes were almost completely empty. Had we really rushed trough all these? I jumped up from the spot I had been kneeling under. There was no one anymore. Everyone was back to the show.

"So there is where you have been hiding." I heard someone almost laugh.