Part 8

To my left I found him again. Oakley. The name still sounded important.. He had some snacks and a drink in his hands. I couldn't laugh at where I had been hiding. My knees were screaming in pain. My shoulders were on fire.

"Still no clue?" He managed to get out of his mouth between snacking. I shook my head while rolling my eyes. I made sure he saw how hard I rolled my eyes. He smiled while he continued snacking. I had no idea what he was eating, but it made me hungry. I crossed my arms.

"Aren't you supposed to be watching the performance?" I sounded more sarcastic than ever. There was a sensitive vibe hanging in the air. I hated it. I was slowly turning to hate his actions more.

"I've seen it. Not that interesting." He leaned against the counter. His back to us. His words made me angry. Pissed off at the least.

"Not THAT interesting? Are you fucking joking?! These actors are the best you will know. They are ripping their hearts out on stage. That piece you get to see is the best you will ever see you spoiled brat!" I threw the closest object to him. A bottle of water. It popped open against the back of his head. Water splashed over him. I immediately felt bad. That was not what I wanted to happen. The best thing was for me to rush away. So I did. I took the back door and left. I ended up in the back of the standing crowd. I didn't know we sold standing tickets.. I couldn't get the scene out of my head. I slowly felt great. Almost amazing. I had done that. Defended the best thing ever. Spark would be so proud. Spike not so much. Well maybe he would...

X——x

Seeing the last scenes from the performance was the best thing I ever did. These were the actors I had defended. The group I worked for. I didn't feel guilty anymore. Whatever he had said.. I didn't care anymore. He had deserved it. It took a while for the place to be empty. The people took their time. Really took their time. I decided to leave with the big group. Someone was going to clean this place. Not me. It wasn't my job. I walked straight to the back. My head focused. All I needed to do was get my locker and pick up my stuff. Leave as fast as I could. The walk there was easy. People were leaving so I could make my way t o my locker easily. I rushed to get my stuff and made my way outside trough the back door. It was dark for a early summer night. There was rain falling. Lots of it. I wasn't ready for this. A piece of paper followed me. I couldn't help myself, I picked it up. It was a lost program. Someone probably dropped it or forgot about it. I should throw this away. My eyes had already seen enough of these. But something held me back. My eyes traveled trough the pages while walking to the station. Seeing the actors all smiling and happy on the pages made me think of the play. It was amazing knowing I could help them. I stopped in my tracks. Cold rain rushing trough my hair. There they were. Those devil eyes. Flipping trough the headshots was the worse thing I could have done. My skin turned cold as I saw it. Those cold eyes. The ones that have been gazing at me most of the night. It hit me then. Right outside of my station I stood. Not moving. Feeling like a complete fool.