Part 23

I woke up thanks to a loud sound I couldn't place. My body was begging me to get a good stretch. My feet dragged me to the front door. I didn't bother looking who was standing before it first. I unlocked the door. Almost getting knocked over by a force, I jumped to the side. 

"WHY DID I JUST WAKE UP IN A STRANGERS APARTMENT? ONLY TO FOUND OUT IT IS FROM THAT FAMOUS GUY OAKLEY?!" Loud screaming filled my empty apartment. Spark had barged in like a maniac. I was still half sleeping. The door fell close with a soft tab. 

"Don't mind me. Just waking up from a trip to the hospital." I rubbed my eyes clean. To my surprise there wasn't any dirt in them. Yet. Spark stopped in her track. She eyed me up and down, but seemed surprised to not find anything.

"Not me. It is a long story." I sighed. I threw myself back on the couch. My mind wasn't ready to wake up yet. 

"No time to tell me. We need to get back to work." Spark tapped me on the shoulder. A friendly one. She was taking petty on me. Work. I needed to get back to work. What day was it? It had to be the same day. Maybe only a few hours later. 

"Can you call me in sick?" The words flew out. I did not want to see Oakley again. Not after the adventure of last night. The party. The drinks. The window. Oakley in that state. It was still in the back of my mind. I did not want to speak to him about any of it, but I knew I had to tell Spark about it. She deserved to know.

"Call you in sick? Have you lost your mind? You never been called in sick before. Remember that time you fell of the stairs?" Spark went on. My mind told me to zoon out. Get my mind back on Oakley. Had he gone home safe? Was someone fixing that window? They might think he threw something out of it. And where had the chair gone? When I looked back at Spark I saw she was waiting. For something apparently. I didn't react to her or when she shrugged and rolled her eyes.

"I am going to call you in sick. You need to tell me everything soon." She turned and walked to my kitchen. She opened some drawers and grabbed something out of it. It was probably some candy or cookies. Anything with sugar in it was mostly hers. 

"Thank you. I own you one." I said laying back down. Spark mumbled something and left. I had no idea if she left the room. I was fast asleep in seconds.