Part 9

Writer, actor. Those two words had filled my head all night. The way to my apartment, when I was brushing my teeth, when I tried my best to get to bed early. Those two words had haunted me. I couldn't believe it. I had defended the play. Threw water on him. The writer of the play. And a great actor. I hadn't recognized him. How had I not? He was a good actor and this was his first play. I felt stupid, but I couldn't regret what had happened. Specially not because I had been right. I couldn't back away from what I had done. Not now when I was growing stronger. 

I rushed inside as always. After yesterday we all had to work again. Fill everything for tonight. Lucky for Spark and I, we weren't going to be there tonight. We were off. Free. Not at work. We were going to see a show. Bat out of hell. We had waited weeks to get tickets. And months to finally see it. I couldn't wait to see the show. Spark promised to take me. And I couldn't wait. She said she wasn't really looking forward to it yet. All she really wanted was to see the show because of the name. I had been looking forward to the show since I had heard of it. The first thing I noticed was how everyone was rushing around the venue. To my right was the counter I had stood. Where I had thrown the water. The moment replayed in my head. The way he barely reacted to the water dripping trough his hair. Someone jumped up from under the counter. It scared me to death.

"Tell me you are excited for the show." Spark almost yelled. She seemed more herself now than last night. 

"You bet. I want to go now." I smiled back at her. Please do not start about last night. Please don't. I tried my best to forget that moment. 

"Don't worry I am not going to spoil today by asking things about last night." She jumped over the counter. She had practiced that. I had seen it before. Even counted the times she fell on her face because her foot got stuck or her arms decided to give out. It was twelve times. She still didn't give up. I liked that about her. Not giving up. She landed right before me. 

"How do you know?" I asked. She smiled at me. Like she knew something that I wasn't a loud to know. Yet.

"Call it a tingle." She joked. That is what we called it when we knew something someone else didn't. A tingle. 

"Let's see what my idiot cousin ordered wrong this time." Spark said rolling her eyes at her own words.