Part 10

We stood together. The tickets so tight in my hands they almost folded on their own. I couldn't help myself. There was a light wind coming up and these tickets meant everything to me. I almost jumped each time the line moved and inch. 

"Can't wait to get inside. I am freezing out here." I told Spark. She was on her phone and couldn't be bothered by the line before us. 

"When we get inside it won't be any better. They are saying it is cold inside as well." She showed me her phone. My eyes scanned the page. So this is what she had been doing.. 

"I should have brought a jacket." I sigh my words. Why did I think it was alright to leave home without one? Summer doesn't mean sunny all the time Cove! I took a step forward as did the whole line. There was a loud scream behind us. It was deafening. There were more to follow. Spark and I looked at each other. 

"Fangirl scream." We sighed at the same time. I couldn't be bothered, but I had to see who it was. Everyone was looking. It would be weird not to. Right? My eyes followed what everyone had already seen. Behind us all was a black cab. The doors were wide open while a group of guys stepped out. I didn't recognize most of them. But I saw one face that I had seen before. 

"Goddamn it." Spark whispered under her breath. She was tired of this already. And so was I. My  eyes  followed how he passed most of the line without any trouble. The clothes he wore looked casual, but comfy and it made me jealous. They must be priceless.

"Of course. Such a brat." I murmured to myself when he had passed us. He might have heard that.. 

"What did you say?" He took a couple of steps back without turning. So he did hear..

"So you do have good hearing. I wondered." I said, speaking a little louder this time. He turned fully to me. His eyes on me once again. I could feel a spark of cold air going down my back. That one wasn't coming from the weather.. 

"Oh it is you." He started to with a half smile. People around me couldn't help themselves. Phones were picked up for reasons I did not care about. He stood inches away from me. His friends hadn't stopped walking they were already at the door. 

"You expected something different?" I took a step forward. The space between us was a lot shorter. 

"Not really. I didn't expect someone like you to like something like this." He almost laughed the words, but stopped when he saw I wasn't smiling at his words. My face was stone. Not a muscle moving. 

"That is too bad for you. I LOVE something like this. So much that I work for the money to buy the tickets. And even have the balls to wait in the cold for it. Instead of being some asshole who just skips lines to get to their best free seats." I snapped at him. I returned to my spot beside Spark. Not giving him another look. Had I really snapped at him. Why was I doding this? Was I really becoming a more 'normal' person? 

"You coming?" Someone yelled. All I could hear was the whispers around me and people gasping for a bit of air.