Chapter 12

He sat around a small fire next to Haroun and watched the rest of his men drink and laugh. One by one they all began to disappear with a willing maiden. Taking off to frolick in the woods. With a chuckle he saw a very pretty girl come near and hold out her hand to Haroun. She could be very well the same age of Brienna the way she looked so young. Shaking off the thought he joined the men in chanting and singing as he cheerfully shoved Haroun into her arms. With that they took off into the dark night. He could hear the music off to the side of them not far. The large bonfire billowed and jumped nipping at the nights sky. The soft laughter of a girl and husky moan of one his men could be heard. With a chuckle he saw how she sat in his lap as he burried his face in her bossom. Shaking his had with a laugh, he stood to leave them alone.

He needed to find a willing lass of his own.

******

After the long walk they were confronted with the bright light of the nearby bonfire.

Revelers danced and cheered around the large fire. Quickly a group of young people in arms grabbed them along and twirled them towards it. They danced, sang and continued so for a while finally they broke off into another part of the town leaving Brienna and Mags giggling and trying to catch their breath. Suddenly a young lad singing and twirling bumped into Brienna quickly slamming a mug into her hands begging her to drink and be merry. Giggling they watched him struggling to a stand from his sloppy bow, before bellowing for more wine to be poured.

Loosing track of time she began to  sip the wine. Standing off to the side beside her she offered some to Mags. Taking a swig they passed it back and forth until it was all gone.

They continued to drink and enjoy the night. Her senses became tingly, her mind light and her body felt as it were floating.  She watched as a young man came and pulled Mags into the swirling dance again. Pulling further back so she isnt pulled along as well she needed somewhere to stand away from the bright light of the fire. She leaned off to the side where the light from the bonfire did not touch but the light from the moon gave the wooded clearing a beautiful blue glow. Flowers were tossed at her and hung around her neck along with giggles of maidens screeching from being chased into the woods by young squires. Turning she fumbled head long into a hard chest and arms that slowly steadied her.

******

He walked slowly towards the fire downing the last bit of ale from his cup. The swoosh of two people passed him a male and female laughing they disappeared behind him after the young girl tossed flowers on him, reached up and kissed his cheek then darted off with a giggle. With a laugh he turned and the small form of a hooded figure bumped head long into him. Holding her close to steady her he chuckled. Her breath caressed his chest and he could smell the wine. She was a bit unsteady and he laughed trying to  her from falling back.

*****

With a gruff laugh he steadied Brienna to keep her from stumbling towards the ground.

Startled at the familiar voice she stiffened as Gavin pulled her close.

"Careful lass," he said in a low seductive voice.

Pulling her hood so that her face is not revealed, her heart raced as he slowly backed her up against a nearby tree.

The nearness of him only made her knees weak and tremble.

"What is your name lass?" He whispered close to her ear. The warmth of his breath near her neck made her heart jump.

Not answering she remembered everything Mags and Anne warned her  of.
Do not speak or give your name!