Chapter 19

Sunlight from the morning crept in through the drawn curtains of their room. Drowsily she opened her eyes and looked around. Her eyes focused on the canopied ceiling bed above her and immediately she remembered for a brief moment, she was in Gavin's room.

It wasn't a dream.

She turned her head to her side and noticed Gavin still sleeping next to her.

He lay face down with his arm oustretched over her stomach. Her heart slowly picked up its pace looking at him so close to her. She took in the view before her and it made her cheeks warm. His chiseled chin and gorgeous face hid beneath his long black hair. Her eyes roamed his large frame, laying beside her. His battle-honed body was lithe, muscular with broad shoulders. Somehow, the large bed and sheets wrapped around his waist failed to diminish the savage intentisity of his strength. He has a blatant sensual and seductive handsomeness to his look that makes her heart skip a beat when she sees him. Now he lays a nose length next to her, awake or asleep he is breathtaking. Her mind just ran wild with sinful thoughts and it sent a ripple of feelings through her. Closing her eyes she tried to clear her mind of such thoughts but she couldn't.
Who are you kidding, you want him as much as he wants you.

With a shakey breath she gently tried to move his arm. Her heart stopped when his arm went back to where it was and tightened more around her. In a blink of an eye he pulled her close and was awake looking down at her and to make her situation more enticing, his warm muscular leg crossed over hers, brushed over  them and lay rested intimately between her thighs.

So early in the morning and she was facing temptation of the flesh.

For a brief moment she stared at him. His lips curled into a seductive smile as he stared down at her.

They silently stared at one another.

His eyes stared seductively at her lips before looking into her eyes.

"Where are we running off to so early this morning," he whispered.

The huskiness of his voice tightened her stomach.

It angered her that her body responded to him this way. He had a hold on her that she did not like.

"To my chamber to take a bath and change," she spoke softly.

She watched as he smiled and he shook his head slowly.

"We must keep up appearances, wife," he chuckled.

Confused she gave him a blank stare searching his eyes for an explanation.

"After consumating our marriage, the lady is supposed to be exhausted and sore."

Her brows furrowed at what he said.

"But, we did not..." she trailed off as his eyes twinkled.

"Aye, but they don't know that," he whispered.

"Oh!" she breathed understanding him. Her cheeks turned red.

His look changed all of a sudden and her body responded immediately.

"Unless we reconsider, we have all day," he whispered near her lips.

Before she could answer, he lowered his lips to hers.

The feel of his tongue grazing hers and tasting her lips just undid her thoughts to push him away. 

Slowly he pulled her close, her soft body so close to his felt so good. She didn't pull away, she did worse.

She moaned!!!

Pulled him close as well and it brought all his senses tumbling down around him. His self control not but a thought slipped his mind.