Chapter 14

Over the next few days she busied her self as much as she could. Gavin noticed some change to her; He stood leaning against a nearby post with crossed arms observing her. She faltered a bit in her training with the squires. She fought but her mind and body weren't  present. He wasn't sure if  it was exhaustion or just distraction, but it was unusual of her. She was very good at sparring and archery. Could she be coming down with an illness or is she lacking sustenance?

One by one they practiced till late in the midmorning, slowly all the men and squires walked off towards the greathall for a little meal. He caught the glimpse of shiny ebony hair that walked threw the crowd heavy in thought.

Exhausted and achy, she rubbed her shoulders and followed the rest through the courtyard to the main hall. Deep in thought, she never noticed Gavin slowly walking towards her.

Silently in her head she criticized her moves and the strategy of her attacks;  it was all wrong. If she was going to master her moves she had to have a clear head. All of her thoughts were muddled with her emotions that were betraying her little by little each day. She could not falter with such thoughts that can be her undoing in the precise moment of an attack. It was important for her to forget about it, about him. It was an impossible dream. Her heart sank with the images of him caressing her and kissing her.

Deep in her reminiscing she wandered head first into a stone chest. Strong arms grabbed her before she could fall back. Quickly her head looked up until her eyes met the root of her distraction and faltering concentrations. Sensual silver eyes watched the startled look on her face. And her heart pummeled in her chest. His slow smile that reached his lips mumbled words she could not hear as her heart raced it drowned out the sounds from his lips.

He held her at arms length and gently tilted her chin up to look into her eyes that slowly drank the sight of him. Breathing in quickly and taken back by her awkward feelings, her legs weakly wobbled and stepped back a bit. With his chuckle alone at her clumsiness she would surely melt from but,  she averted her gaze to save her composure.

Concern creased his brow, watching her look away.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

Looking down he watched her lower her gaze, long black hair created a barrier for him to see her face. Like silk curtains they covered his view.

"Is something amiss?" he gently asked.

Slowly she looked up at him.

No answer came quick enough before he continued.

"Is it training am I being too harsh with you?"

Searching for an answer she quickly shook her head.

"Nay, training is good," Her soft voice assured him.

Breaking the awkward silence between them proved difficult.

With a deep breath, he turned to look at the high sun on the horizon. He quickly delved for words in his head to speak, but nothing came to mind.

"Forgive me, m'lord if I seem out of sorts," she said softly.

He turned to look at her only their eyes met for a brief moment, he disregarded her apology in his mind but not wanting to fatigue her more with questions, he nodded and accepted it.

She turned and silently walked away. Her demeanor was odd,  she was holding something back.

******

  She sat at the large table with the rest of the squires, conversed a little and nibbled on her bread and cheese. Silver eyes hooded watched her.

She slowly stood and laughed when two servant girls came forward and whispered something in her ear.

He watched her as she slowly walked away and looked behind herself to see if anyone followed her and she quickly left.

Looking around to see if she left unnoticed he as well did the same.

She would go for a quick swim and be back before anyone noticed she was gone. She slowly walked through the wooded clearing that seperated the keep from a nearby river.  The late noon suns rays bounced off the crystal clear water. It was inviting and calming. She neared a rock at the edge of the running water and sat down on it and removed her slippers.

For a brief moment she sat and thought about all that was happening to her.
What a fine predicament you put yourself in Brienna, she berated herself.

"Now what am I going to do?" she whispered.

Deep in thought she soaked her feet for a while letting the fresh water trickle through her toes.

With a sigh she brushed away her thoughts and slowly stood and undressed.  The sun warmed her, she enjoyed how it felt on her skin. She gently walked in to running stream until the water lapped at her waiste. Walking a bit deeper, she dunked her self in the cool water before rising and  tilting her body back with arms wide open so she could float.

He followed her through the clearing and stood by a nearby tree. He watched as she sat and took off her slippers. She paddled her feet abit and sat their for a moment.

When she finally stood, she began to remove her clothing. Trying his best to be modest he tried to turn away, but he couldn't.  The urge to avert his eyes and will power to leave were beyond his control.
Keep looking you know you want to.

Gavin watched her, amazed at how womanly she had grown. That knowledge stirred something in him. 

And all sorts of sinful thought played in his head.
Bloody hell!

Using the eyes of a man viewing a woman and not those of a guardian seeing his charge, Gavin carefully studied Brienna. She was small and lithe, but did not lack for curves. Full, high breasts offered all a man could want.  What he wanted...

A tiny waist led to smooth slender hips, a gently-rounded rump and slim beautiful legs . Her skin was a light honey tone color from being in the sun with training, it looked exquisite.  His heart pummeled in his chest seeing  how she smoothly glided in the water, back arched and pert breasts for his viewing pleasure. With an oath, he squeezed his growing erection.  He watched jealously at how the water caressed and glided over her skin.

Bloody hell !why cant I be that water?...

What was he doing? he moaned closing his eyes.

Kicking himself for standing there like a letch and watching her. He leaned his head against the tree in agony.

He glanced one last time and watched her beautifully rise out of the water. He had the full vantage view of what hid beneath her clothing. His mouth suddenly went dry. She was gorgeous. He let out a ragged breath knowing if he stayed any longer he would not be responsible for his actions.

With that a turned quickly and left.