𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕

Three days had now passed and I had to admit that I had already settled in quite well. I spent my time getting to know the King and Queen and all the people that lived at Cadeiric's castle and I was very overwhelmed with how accepting they all were.

Today however, was the day of Bens wedding.

I hadn't seen much of him which was understandable as he was busy getting everything organised for his big day but Jack was more than willing to keep me company.

We ended up conversing very well by catching up on everything that took place in our teenage years and I enjoyed his presence dearly.

Luke on the other hand, also started to engage in the conversation more and I was happy to see him do so. Despite his friendliness, I couldn't help but feel that there was a tension in the air whenever we were around each other and it troubled me that I couldn't put my finger on whatever was causing it...

Whilst maids and servants were busy with preparations for the grand celebration, I was busy with helping the girls find a suitable dress for them to wear which proved to be a nuisance!

"Oh, I still don't know which one to pick!" Clara complained, biting on her fingernail as she gazed at the two long dresses laid out in front of her.

"Well, I think you should go with the beige one. It'll look really pretty on you." Louise said, looking up from needle she was threading and setting it down on the desk. "You better decide quickly!"

"Alright, I will wear that." she picked up the dress with the beige skirt and the long-sleeved brown top with an orange pattern before she walked off behind the screen to get changed. "This is so exciting!" she called after she had thrown her previous dress over it.

"Yes, our first event here!" I laughed, walking out of the bathroom whilst fixing the golden jewelled headband on to my head but I stopped as the two of them gasped loudly. "What's the matter?"

"Only the fact that you look beautiful!" Mari said, her eyes open wide. "You'll have the Prince drooling once he sees you," she smirked but I rolled my eyes and gave her a doubtful look.

"Well, I could say the same for you girls. You all look gorgeous." I said going over to the mirror and leaning forward to check that I hadn't smudged any of my makeup.

Louise and Mari had chosen a colourful dress of blue and pink, matched with all these other accessories whilst I had chosen one of my favourite dresses to wear; a long brown net ruffled skirt with black heels and a black off the shoulder top which had small yellow roses embroidered into it.

"We need to make a good impression to all the wealthy young nobles, your Majesty." Mari then picked up a fan and started to fan herself dramatically which made me laugh. "Oh, and maybe you could introduce us to some of them! They'll be trying to get your attention all night!" she squealed, skipping over to me.

"I don't see why not." I said with a smug smile, causing her to flash a triumphant smile.

--

"Do you see Ben and Nicole anywhere?" Clara leaned into me as we all impatiently waited for the pair to make their entrance as a married couple.

All the guests were either standing or sitting in the Great Hall which had been decorated with white drapes just about everywhere. Two long tables were on both sides of the massive hall and in between was a enough room for a dance floor where everyone could join in and dance to the tunes that was being played by four musicians.

Two doors on the left side were suddenly flung open and grins formed on our faces as Ben and Nicole ran through hand in hand. We all clapped wildly as they headed over to have their first dance and the music changed to a more suitable song. I noticed people moving around now, either going to congratulate the King and Queen for their son or helping themselves to all the food.