𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈

After I had woken up the next day with an agonising headache, I rolled over on my back and let out a sigh.

My birthday celebrations came to an end just an hour after midnight and by the time everyone had left, I went up to my room feeling very exhausted. Before Luke and I parted ways last night, he told me that he and his family would be staying another day so I could leave with them again, much to my delight.

It was exciting to know that he was still roaming about in my castle and wasn't miles away from me. I was already looking forward to spend the day with him but remained doubtful that he would be left in alone in peace.

With my mother, Liz and Andrew and every single other guest seeing the kiss Luke and I shared on the dance floor, I was sure that I was going to be bombarded with questions today.

I let out a sigh, quite relieved that I would be able to tell them about Luke and I and not need to hide anything more from them. I did still carry the burden of keeping Edmunds threat a secret and I wondered when would the right time come for me to tell Luke.

Since a month had also now passed since Edmunds offer for my hand in marriage, I'd have to be cautious, knowing I had only two months left to make a final decision.

Then again what if Andrew changed our alliance? What would happen then?

I'd have to leave Cadeiric either way but what would Edmund make of that? Would he still force me to marry him?

I sighed again, hating the way this situation was becoming messier and messier and even more confusing.

I then pulled myself up and skipped into the bathroom to have a quick bath and change into today's outfit before I would be called down for breakfast like my mother had planned.

When I finished with my bath, I headed over to my mirror to do my makeup, choosing out colours to match the pretty lavender and gold coloured dress I was wearing today.

A maid came up a few minutes later, informing me that breakfast was now being served and that we were all asked to head downstairs to the Great Hall.

I then slipped on my gold heels and headed out, earning a 'good morning' from one of the guards opposite. I began humming to myself as I crossed the hallway and started down the staircase, my hand resting on my stomach which was growling from hunger.

The door to the throne room was wide open, so I stepped in to see the long table already set with baskets filled with ripe fruit and fresh bread, causing me to hungrily lick my lips. No one else was in there, except for the few maids that were throwing more wood in the fire.

"This castle is like a maze! I thought I was going to get lost anytime soon." I span round to see that Luke had walked in, furiously blowing on his hands to warm them up. "But good morning!" he smiled.

"Good morning to you too." I laughed as he skipped over to the fireplace, the thrilling sensation coming over me by just his presence. "Didn't the maids instruct you on where to go?" I questioned, following his movements.

"They did actually, but I was still certain that I could have ended up in the dungeons." he chuckled, not hesitating to pull me into him by my waist and the gesture made me gladly lean into him.

"Good morning!" my mother suddenly burst through the door and I instantly jumped away from Luke. "Where is everyone? Are they still asleep?" she muttered, as she went through another doorway towards the kitchens.

"You do know we won't be able to hide it any longer don't you? They all saw us last night." Luke asked, noticing the way I was anxiously staring ahead and I let out a sigh.